Chef De Partie Pastry & Bakery
Scope of Position:
The Chef de Partie Pastry & Bakery is responsible for the overall operation of the assigned station in Pastry. He/she prepares and checks all basic food products within the station and assists the respective superior wherever possible. Chef De Partie prepares and submits all food requisitions and transfers to the immediate superior to ensure proper control. It is his/her responsibility to train and motivate his/her subordinates and to maintain communication between his/her supervisor and his/her subordinates. He/She is to coordinate with Stewarding for day to day operational equipment and cleanliness.
Experience and Qualifications:
Similar position for 1 to 2 years. The incumbent should have at least 6 to 8 years culinary experience with a sound knowledge of pastry & bakery production/preparations/presentations and all aspects of the kitchen operation. With primary and secondary education.
The incumbent should be reliable and stable in the sense of previous contract fulfillment, etc. He/She needs to have a good understanding of the type of outlet he is working in and have a clean and tidy appearance. The incumbent needs the ability to deal with stressful situations on a rational basis and have good overall judgment. He/She must have the ability to train, supervise and motivate his/her subordinates. Must participate and successfully complete training and educational programs made available to Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas Hosts.
Good oral and written knowledge of English. Knowledge of other languages is beneficial.
• In charge of running the day-to-day operation in his/her assigned areas.
• Maintains good relationship with immediate superior & Head of Pastry, other Culinary Departments, F&B Supervisors and Stewarding.
• Conducts training on all related food preparations, hygiene and grooming standards in conjunction with immediate superior.
• Checks the quality of raw materials in his/her assigned area, as well as their storage, handling and usage.
• Directs production of daily food preparation and its coordination in his/her area.
• Assists immediate superior/Head of Pastry in creating and developing new dishes and recipes by keeping up with the latest market trends.
• Checks food storage areas and refrigerators for cleanliness and proper functioning at least twice daily.
• Is concerned with maintaining a consistent quality and continuously shows efforts to upgrade the products produced in his/her assigned area.
• Checks standard and quality of mise-en-place and meets with immediate superior to plan daily food and beverage activities.
• Attends Culinary Meetings and counsels subordinate staff if necessary.
• Keeps immediate superior or Head of Pastry informed about all aspects of assigned section, including equipment, working environment, Host issues and departmental relations
• Has to be always well prepared and knowledgeable about all recipes, presentations and taste of dishes established by resort policy.
Package of Benefits and Entitlements:
• Basic monthly salary is competitive and free of tax.
• Minimum guaranteed monthly Service Charge of USD$200.00 & average of USD 350.00 per month.
• Hours of work are 45 hours per week, including 30 minutes break in a day, with 2 days off per week.
• 30 days paid annual leave (including off days).
• Other leave: Paternity - 6 days, Maternity - 50 days, Sick Leave – as per Oman Labour Law, Pilgrimage (Hajj) – 15 days, Emergency – 6 days a year, Marriage – 3 days one time during employment and Bereavement – 3 days immediate family and 2 days indirect family.
• Public Holidays as per the published list by the Government of Oman (Normally 13 days per year).
• Joining and end of contract economy air ticket.
• Vacation economy return air ticket to home country every after 1 year of service.
• A group medical insurance scheme covering accidents and hospitalization benefits.
• Complimentary trips to Dibba, Oman & Dibba,UAE every day; Dubai, UAE on daily basis except Thursday; and Muscat trip once weekly.
• Semi furnished twin bed room accommodation on a shared facilities basis at the resort.
• All meals provided complimentary in the Staff Restaurant.
• Laundry for uniform and 3 pieces of personal clothes per day.
• Entitled for end of service Gratuity of 15 days pay for each year of service for the first three years and one month for each of the following years in service. Shall not be payable if the duration of service is less than 1 year. Applicable to expats only.