Director of Rooms
By working with Holiday Inn Express, you will be part of this culturally diverse, enthusiastic and growing company and we help you to achieve your goals by providing training, coaching and above all empowering “Our People”
We are looking for a Director of Rooms, an educated individual with a background in InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) hotels. The ideal candidate will be currently a Director of Rooms or Rooms Division Manager or similar role in quality branded hotels – ideally mid-market hotels. He/She should have previous experience in the Middle East & if an Arabic speaker that would be an added advantage.
As Director of Rooms you are responsible for all hotel operational functions and to ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day hotel operation in accordance with IHG standards and in line with Holiday Inn Express Dubai hotels policies and procedures – achieving optimum financial returns for the company/owners, whilst ensuring highest levels of employee and guest satisfaction.
The key requirements and position information are as follows:-
- Reporting directly to the Cluster General Manager
- Responsible for the day to day running of the Hotel.
- The ideal candidate will need a strong rooms background, ideally with some knowledge of the other operational departments.
- Strong communicator, Hands on leader, Service - oriented
- Creative thinker – able to solve problems and inspire the team.
- A people person, outgoing with great communication skills
- Results - oriented, able to drive profit, high standards and guest satisfaction in equal measure.
- Attract, develop and retain an effective team of department heads and employees, whilst adhering to all company and legal standards.
- Monitor and overview consistent training and development plans for all employees to ensure positive guest experience, high employee morale and strategic continuity planning within the hotel and the company.
- Provide clear leadership for quality and progress initiatives aligned with business goals and objectives, maintaining close liaison and support for team activities.
- Monitor employee morale and turnover, proactively supporting the Employee Satisfaction survey, and ensuring action plans are established and followed up to address issues.
- Ensure a cost effective, innovative and quality rooms/food and beverage operation in the hotel through effective product planning, marketing and product presentation
- Institute a clear communication strategy within the hotel and supporting teams to ensure effective sharing and updating of information throughout the property, including a structured and active meetings and briefings process.
- Ability to comprehend and utilize Profit and Loss statements.
Your application should include a detailed CV with a recent photo, briefly outlining your past work experience and achievements. Please also provide 3 references (including email addresses).