Director of Catering and Events
- Drives the catering team efforts to maximize revenue and profitability
- Sets individual revenue and activity targets for the catering sales team.
- Direct and manage all activity related to the Catering office, ensuring all service standards are followed
- Responsible for all catering, from booking to execution and conference services from the time a contract becomes definite to execution
- Prepare an annual budget for approval and administer that budget in a fiscally responsible manner
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, during and post conference, exceeding their expectations and encouraging repeat business
- Develop annual business plans for the department in conjunction with the Director of Business Development
- Ensure that function bookings, group resumes and event contract are prepared and distributed accurately and efficiently
- Ensure meeting and function rooms are properly maintained at all times liaising with the banquet
- Work closely with the Director of Business Development to prepare monthly forecasts
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
Qualifications & Experience:
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major;
- Approx. 6 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- Please note that experience from the Dubai market is compulsory for this position.