Coral Strand hotel 4* is looking for Maintenance Manager willing to relocate to Seychelles.
- Candidate must have work experience not less than 3 years in the position of Night Manager in the 4-5*hotel
- Island experience is an additional preference (Maldives, Thailand etc)
- Strong Leadership and organizational skills
- Good physical condition
- Focused on guests satisfaction
- Fluent English
- Ensure that the service offered by all team members is personal and memorable. That quest need are anticipated and request followed up. Build relationship with guests, ensuring that they want to return to Coral Strand hotel.
- Ensure good communication with all departments throughout the hotel
- Ensure all regular and VIP guests are known are cared for accordingly
- Handle, follow up and communicate any comments or complaints. Pass on to relevant HODs or Managers if unable to handle.
- Be familiar with and promote hotel facilities and attractions within the estate. Assist guests with any requests eg information, making booking, directions.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed on each shift by all team members and that a full and thorough handover take place at the end of the shift.
- Be fully conversant with handling of reservation enquiries. Be aware of all current offers.
- Ensure you have a well founded understanding of all Hotel regulations.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Fidelio and any relevant systems. Train team members in the use of these systems. Check accuracy of input into Fidelio, as well as content and legibility of registration cards.
- Ensure all team members, build and effectively utilize guests history profiles.
- Tour all areas of the hotel on a regular basis and report irregularities to relevant department heads.
- Ensure all access to the hotel is secure as required by hotel policy and procedure.
- Perform any related security duties as required overnight.
- Record any unusual occurrences or problems arising and report to the HOD’s and take appropriate action.
- Communicate, work and build a good working relationship with Front Office Day team and all HODs to ensure a consistent level of service is offered throughout the hotel 24 hours a day.
- Ensure that members of staff from all departments report for work on time and contact the relevant HOD to arrange cover if necessary.
- As a team, ensure that guest areas including floors, computers equipment and offices are clean and tidy at all the times.
- Check in late arrivals and check out early departures in line with hotel procedures action non arrivals and handover to day team accordingly.
- Take room service orders, prepare the food and drinks and deliver to guests.
- Attend relevant HOD meetings, courses and any other operational meetings that are required of you during the day to ensure a smooth running hotel.
- Be fully conversant with and adhere to hotel standard of operation and department procedures.
- Train the team and ensure that new standards are understood and become part of daily procedure.
- Be fully aware of daily and weekly events in the hotel and on the estate. Produce a weekly roster that meets the needs of the business and takes into account the needs of the team members.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with the accounts department over any special billing requests and procedures.
- Balance the cashier at the close of shift and resolve any discrepancies in cash float balancing.
- Be responsible for floats whilst on duty, do not finish your shift until all floats have been counted and agreed by the oncoming shift.
- Be fully aware and adhere to all accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure accuracy of guest bills.
- Run a credit check on each shift and report any possible doubtful accounts.
- Pass onto the sales department any possible leads, which could develop into future business.
- Be competent in guest show rounds of the hotel facilities, conference and private dining rooms.
- Ensure all necessary supplies are available for the front desk and complete orders when necessary. Be responsible for all newspaper orders and plan busy periods and order in advance when necessary.
- Report any faulty equipment to the relevant persons. Make sure Fidelio contacted immediately should systems fail during the night.
- Be familiar with current licensing regulations.
- Be fully aware of departmental figures, budget and objectives.
- Perform all pre & post night audit duties.
- Complete the Fidelio audits
- Analyze rate variance report to ensure correct room rates and revenue control.
- Monitor front desk activities with regards to rebates, billing instructions, discounted rated in compliance with hotel policy.
- Clean and maintain the work area, materials, and equivalent
- Our People
- Report for duty punctually in the correct uniform, paying attention to personal hygiene and tidiness. Ensuring that personal appearance meets and exceeds company guidelines at all times.
- Help to maintain a good working environment within the department and good working relationship with all other department in the Hotel.
- To give assistance to other departments as and when necessary
- Carry out any other reasonable request made by the Operation manager – Rooms or other managers.
- Accept reasonable changes or additions in work hours, which are necessary for the maintenance of uninterrupted service to hotel quest and patrons.
- Carry out job chat and appraisals with team members, produce training plans and objectivities, carry out training and coordinate training delivered by others.
Health and Safety
- Report all potential and real hazards immediately.
- Be fully conversant with all departmental Fire, Emergency and Bomb procedures
- Attend all fire, health and safety training.
- Ensure the safety of the persons and the property of all within the premises by fairly applying Hotel Regulation, by strict adherence to existing laws, statues and applicable ordinances, and reporting any possible hazards conditions to the Operations Manager rooms
- Have a general awareness of Health and Safety in relation to all tasks and activities undertaken in the department
- Re-use and recycle where possible
- Ensure that all night staff are fire trained in accordance with laid down procedures these training session must be logged, recorded and sighed by the Night Manager and team member.
Visa, 2 ways ticket, meal 3 times per day+accommodation