Assistant Banquet Manager
Shangri-La Hotel Doha is located in the heart of the premier business district; West Bay is the first choice for international business travelers amongst other luxury hotels in Doha. Shangri-La Hotel, Doha delivers a unique blend of Asian and Qatari Hospitality. The luxurious accommodation and lifestyle facilities are complimented with the most exciting collection of dining and entertainment choices, offering exceptional value.
- Oversees the banqueting operation in terms of guest relations, personnel performance management, sales and revenue results, cost control, performance standards and environmental protection
- In charge of any area at any time and monitors and look after the smooth running of customer service areas and satisfaction
- Ensure guest satisfaction and an adequate promotion of services and facilities
- Ensures safety and health standards at all times and avoid excess and detect waste for optimum profit without affecting the performance of hotel
- Diploma/degree in Hospitality Management
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written) and good trainer
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience as Assistant Banquet Manager in 5* hotel
- Must have a full and comprehensive working knowledge of all areas within the Food and Beverage Division
- Creative with excellent computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Micros and Requisition Systems)
- Strategic approach to design appropriate strategies for the specific environment of the organization and to make changes that maintain the required level of competitiveness.
- Knowledgeable of the appropriate regulations for safe food handling and able to provide guidance on the steps that need to be taken to implement the hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) system
- Proactive, organized and result oriented
- Positive role model, able to lead and motivate the team.
- Sensitive to guest and employee needs