1. Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to the guests according to the prescribed service rules and standards with emphasis on accuracy and speed.
- To be responsible for preparing and mixing all types of drinks and cocktails based on standardized recipes of drinks.
- To be responsible for proper storage and safety of all the stocks in the bar.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of the bar area, chillier, fridges, floor, storage areas, equipment and tools inside the bar.
- To be capable of performing all duties and responsibilities of a cashier as and when assigned.
- Performs other tasks assigned by the Restaurant & Bar Manager or Supervisor which leads to guest satisfaction and profit for the Hotel.
- Maintains clean and sufficient operating equipment such as glassware, bar tools and equipment, chinaware, etc. required for service hours in the bar.
- Handles the orderly stocking of glassware, ensures adequate stock and inventory.
- Washes, cleans and dries all glassware used in the bar as per standards.
- Conducts monthly inventory of the operating equipment in the bar.
- Conducts weekly inventory of the bar.
- Cleans and maintains the bar chillier and wine chillier daily.
- Checks and controls the temperature of the bar chillier and wine chillier.
- Chills & cools sufficient beverage supplies at the appropriate serving temperature before service hours.
- Mixes and prepares alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks according to the standardized recipes.
- Sets-up the bar according to standard counter top set-up before service hours.
- To be responsible for the preparation of all mise-en-place before the service hours.
- Prepares all the garnishing for the drinks.
- Prepares sugar syrup required for drink preparation.
- Prepares fruit juices required for mixing cocktails and checking the freshness of them.
- Prepares coffee and tea set-up to speed up service during peak hours.
- Serves the different types of wine according to the appropriate standards.
- Stores the wine and cigars appropriately and controlling the temperature of the storage area
- Performs the sequence of service, like all the other service attendants.
- To be capable of suggestive selling to boost the sales of wines and spirits in the bar.
- Participates in association and club membership related to bar/cocktails and wines to update knowledge on latest service style and products as well as promoting the image of bar.
- Communicates to the guest in selling the products and service of the outlet.
2. General Responsibilities
- Prepares Daily Bar Inventory and Sales Report, Inter-Transfer Report, Daily.
- Breakage/Spoilage/Spillage Report, Full Bottle Sales Report, Daily operating equipment
- inventory of the bar.
- Prepares Beverage Supplies, Operating Supplies and Food Supplies requisition for the Bar.
- Maintains bar stock according to established par stock level and arranges requisitioned items according to the appropriate storage condition of the specific wines and spirits.
- Maintains adequate bar supplies such as napkins, straws, cocktail picks, etc.
- Arranges them neatly in the assigned areas.
- Maintains sufficient supply of ice in the ice bins for service hours.
- Maintains sufficient supplies of linen, rags, bar mats, etc. required in the bar.
- Handles cashiering tasks when assigned in Outlets with self-cashiering
- Accounts for the sales of the outlet in the shift assigned. Receives payment from guests.
- Prepares the Food and Beverage Cashier’s report for the outlet ensuring that the recorded sales and the amount of cash in the cash box tallies.
3 Occasional Responsibilities
- To be responsible for turn over the sales and the report for the day to the Manager.
- Relates to co-employees within service, kitchen and other department in the performance.
- Attends to special requirements of the guest over the bar counter and service area.
- Attends trainings prescribed by the Food & Beverage Manager via suppliers.
4 Legal Responsibilities
- To ensure that the standards required by Law and by Management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.