Position Profile / Job Purpose
To accurately handle cash and credit payments, handle different currencies, make change, give receipts, account for all payments, and operate the cash register. Deliver prompt, courteous and accurate service in a manner that compiles with Food & Beverage standards and company policies and procedures.
54 hours/week, 6 days/week, work schedules depend upon the volume of business.
- Be passionate about customer service with the capability of delivering amazing hospitality to our guests.
- Be proactive in counting money before a shift begins so that there is no miscalculation at the end of the shift. Strong math skills.
- Greet and welcome customers entering the restaurant.
- Resolve bill related complaints from customers or address them to the Restaurant Operations manager.
- Tabulate data regarding bills, total amounts, restaurant expenses in cash registers or record them in computers.
- Inform customers about modes of payment available at the restaurant. With variety of options to pay money; cash, check, credit card and debit card, etc.
- Support other areas of the restaurant as requested, such as seating customers, answering telephones, stock work, clean up and documentation.
- Pack merchandise, gifts, take home packages for customers.
- Answer queries and questions of customers and inform about policies, rules of the restaurant, etc.
- Be alert as well as cordial all the time. Must leave the cash counters only after handing it over to other authorized person or on supervisory approval because you will be responsible for large sum of money.
- Apt in handling money, different currencies and coins.
- Complete menu knowledge and be aware of changes in the menu
- Well versed in Micros and must be able to maintain records regarding transactions on computers.
- Ability to do repetitive work without any errors.
- Must have excellent inter personal and people skills.
- Deal with customers politely.
- Integrity, honesty and accountability in all dealings.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in Commerce/Accountancy
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a restaurant as a cashier
- Must know Micros
- Must have an advanced knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- English – proficiency and written English
- Arabic – preferred
- Additional language - preferred
- To practice high standards of personal hygiene at all times in terms of grooming and uniform.
- To maintain the required standards of operational hygiene at all times.
Note: Job description is not limited to the above. Employee will adhere to instructions/tasks as given by the Management.