Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Assistant Executive Housekeeper is responsible for assisting with overseeing housekeeping operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Host experience while monitoring housekeeping standards and assisting the Executive Housekeeper.
• Assist with overseeing Housekeeping/Laundry operations
• Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules
• Support departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
• Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Housekeeping /Laundry Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
• Ensure hosts have an up-to-date knowledge of all villa categories and amenities
• Assist the Executive Housekeeper to maintain good communication and work relationships in all Resort areas and with external customers and suppliers
• Ensure staffing levels cover business demands
• Ensure ongoing training to support the Executive Housekeeper
• Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
• Manage hosts performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
• Support managing, training and developing the team
• Deputize in absence of the Executive Housekeeper
• Actively participates with the Sustainability initiatives of the resort
• Assist other departments wherever necessary
Three or more year’s progressive housekeeping managerial experience in a luxury lifestyle brand. Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is acceptable.
Luxury resort experience preferred, highly motivated and enthusiastic individual. Demonstrates particular attention to detail. Secondary education required.
Demonstrates advance organizational and managerial skills. Provides leadership and motivation to maximize host productivity and satisfaction. Excellent communication skills. Should possess Microsoft Office application literacy, cross-cultural work environments exposure, critical problem analysis/resolution skills. Knowledge and experience in the purchasing and productions process and is equally versed in global distribution.
English with ability to communicate clearly and knowledge as well as abilities in other languages would be beneficial.
Outgoing, guest-oriented, service-minded, strong physical condition, flexible, and has a passion for self-improvement
Package of Benefits and Entitlements:
• Basic monthly salary negotiable & free of tax.
• Minimum guaranteed monthly Service Charge of USD 200.00 or average of USD 350.00
• Hours of work are 45 hours per week, including 30 minutes break in a day, with 2 days off per week.
• 30 days paid annual leave (including off days).
• Other leave: Paternity - 6 days, Maternity - 50 days, Sick Leave – as per Oman Labour Law, Pilgrimage (Hajj) – 15 days, Emergency – 6 days a year, Marriage – 3 days one time during employment and Bereavement – 3 days immediate family and 2 days indirect family.
• Public Holidays as per the published list by the Government of Oman (Normally 13 days per year).
• Joining and end of contract economy air ticket.
• Vacation economy return air ticket to home country after 1 year of service.
• A group medical insurance scheme covering accidents and hospitalization benefits.
• Complimentary trips to Dibba, Oman & Dibba,UAE every day; Dubai, UAE on daily basis except Thursday; and Muscat trip once weekly.
• Semi furnished single room in a twin bedroom accommodation on a shared facilities basis at the resort.
• All meals are provided complimentary in the Host Restaurant.
• Laundry for uniform and 3 pieces of personal clothes per day.
• Entitled for end of service Gratuity of 15 days pay for each year of service for the first three years and one month for each of the following years in service. Shall not be payable if the duration of service is less than 1 year. (for expats only)