Kitchen & Laundry Supervisor - Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park
Full job details
Under the guidance of the Assistant Chief Engineer
operates, maintains and repairs all aspects of the Hotels electrical systems
and equipment in accordance with IHG standards to achieve optimum operating
efficiency of equipment at all times.
Plaza®, we want our guests to
feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their
success. To help them, we need you to
stay One Step Ahead and:
expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your
style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making
them feel valued and important and offering thoughtful choices to help
them feel restored and balanced.
by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting
things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Attends to repairs and maintenance of all systems and related equipment
such as Laundry, Kitchen, heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment,
water treatment plants, and sewage treatment plants.
2. Carries out electric arc or oxy acetylene welding.
3. Carries out repairs and maintenance of domestic hot/cold water systems,
cooling water systems, storm and sanitary sewer systems, irrigation/fountain
water systems and swimming pools.
4. Attends to replacement or new construction projects, which may include
GI, PVC and cast iron piping and fabrication of necessary brackets supports for
5. Attends to repairs or replacement of all bathroom/toilet fixtures in
guest rooms, public areas and back-of-the-house areas.
6. Responsible for the repairs and maintenance of all pumps. Cleans all manholes and clears sewage and
storm water line blockages using snaker machine or ropes and ring arrangement
7. Attends to all types of repair and maintenance work in the Hotel
premises including any new additional/extensions to the Hotel.
8. Responsible to maintain the swimming pool crystal clear and introduce
correct dosage of Chemicals.
9. Ensures that the plant room, workshop and related areas are kept in a
10. Participates in Hotel Energy Conservation Programs
11. Supports and initiates programs for the improvement in procedures on the
Environment and reduction of the Energy and utility cost to control global
12. Responsible for ensuring that the supplied uniform is clean and in good
repair. Unless it is an emergency ensure
a clean and tidy appearance before entering a Guest area and if necessary,
change into a clean uniform.
13. Responsible for assisting other personnel in emergencies and for
carrying out other engineering duties as may be required by the Assistant Chief
Engineer and according to the needs of the Department.
1. Comply with Hotel Rules and Regulations and
provisions contained in the Employment Handbook
2. Comply with Company Grooming Standards at all
times to portray a professional image of self and the hotel.
3. Comply with Time and Attendance Policies set
by the hotel.
4. Actively participate in training and
development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development
5. Demonstrate understanding and awareness of
all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety
6. Familiarize yourself with emergency and
7. Ensure all security incidents, accidents and
near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention
of the Line Manager
8. Comply with the Company’s Corporate Code of
9. Familiarize self with the company values
(Great Hotels Guests Love) and model desired behaviors (Winning Ways, Room to
be Yourself) and ways of working (IHG Wheel).
10. Perform all tasks as directed by the Manager
in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
The above is designed to help you in the understanding
of the role and is not intended to be a definite list of your duties, as
flexibility in meeting company and guest needs is required by all employees