ANANTARA THE PALM DUBAI RESORT
Imagine a unique destination set on a man-made marvel on the Dubai coastline that entices one and all with a distinct blend of serenity and splendour. Offering an urban escape, Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort is a wondrous place where a decadent experience awaits at a Palm Jumeirah hotel unlike any other.
Perched on the eastern crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah, an archipelago of islands connected to the mainland, Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort is a remarkable resort inspired by traditional Thai architecture in an Arabian setting. A 45 minute drive from Dubai International Airport and within easy reach of a plethora of exciting attractions including Aquaventure Water Park, Mall of the Emirates, Ski Dubai and Dubai Marina, this resort is where one can savour moments of bliss surrounded in unimaginable magnificence.
As a Restaurant Manager you will lead the operations of a specific outlet. Your key duties and responsibilities will be; to ensure profitable operations, achieve outlet business goals, accurately forecast business demands, work with management to develop & execute the marketing plan, ensure the manning schedule is up to date, oversee regular preventative maintenance, maintain outlet safety and sanitation standards, and lead by example through a ‘hands on’ approach to motivate team members to excel. You will also manage team member performance, identify any training needs, develop and deliver the required training for supervisors and team members in an effective way to maximise guest satisfaction and develop team members to enable them to achieve their career goals.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure a professional and profitable operation within the framework of the Hotel
- With the hotel training manager, identify training needs and develop and deliver the required training for department employees to meet the needs of the business. Support the training of Departmental Trainers to continue to improve hotel service levels, and implement a daily departmental training program
- To achieve departmental budget goals by maintaining profits through increased sales revenue and the efficient cost expenditure
- To accurately forecast business demands to ensure efficient staffing & food production
- To be responsible for all accounting and billing procedures in the outlets
- To work with hotel management to develop & execute plans and actions for the marketing of the outlet. To be aware of all Anantara Guest Incentive programs, and actively promote and support these.
- To ensure the efficient scheduling of Management & Team Members in the outlet, and to be responsible for the accurate supervision of the associate time control system.
- To be responsible for the execution of all team member's reviews and appraisals in a professional and timely manner
- To train managers and supervisors in effective “coaching and counseling” and the correct process of progressive discipline
- To be responsible for maintaining outlet safety and sanitation standards at all times
- To be responsible for asset management of all outlet property and facilities, and to conduct a regular preventative maintenance inspection.
- Promote positive inter-departmental relations through candid communication and cooperation
- To work closely with the Banqueting department to support all requested functions
- Above all, to lead by example through a “hands on” approach to motivate our Team members to excel
- College diploma in Hotel Management or related field.
- Previous experience in Food & Beverage/Restaurant operations management role
- Passion for leadership and teamwork.
- Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence.
- Excellent guest service skills.