Executive Housekeeper- Jumeirah Vittaveli
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Vittaveli Maldives-Jumeirah Group, the Dubai-based luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. A mere 20-minute boat ride from Malé International Airport brings guests to Jumeirah Vittaveli, nestled in a spot of astounding beauty. The resort comprises 91 villas and suites, each offering exquisite views of the Indian Ocean. With three restaurants, a Talise Spa, and dedicated kids and separate teenagers clubs, the resort is ideal for couples, families or groups, bringing personalised excitement to any holiday.About the Role
Working as an Executive Housekeeper, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and direct operations to ensure the housekeeping department achieves its goals and effectively contributes to the guest experience whilst maintaining Jumeirah Brand standards.
Reporting directly into the Director of Rooms, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensure proper inventories of linen, uniforms and all operating equipment in housekeeping is conducted in line with audit standards in order to effectively manage cost.
- Ensure all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention regulations are strictly enforced in line with Jumeirah HS&E standards to ensure guests and colleagues' safety.
- Ensure proper controls of master keys are in place in order to guarantee guests safety.
- Effectively oversee the control of cleaning supplies and guest supplies (receiving, recording, handling and storage) to minimise losses and maximise use of resources.
- Participate in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan to ensure housekeeping operation is adequately represented.
- Liaise with other managers in Rooms Division to monitor service quality, plan unique guest experiences and to discuss operational problems in order to maximise guest satisfaction.
- Liaise with Technical Services Department to properly monitor that repair works are efficiently delivered in the rooms and public areas to ensure guest satisfaction with the hotel products.
- Recommend modernisation of cleaning methods and equipment to ensure quality of cleanliness and increase in performance, to meet guest expectations.
Having completed a Diploma in hotel management or a related field, you must be able to demonstrate at least minimum of 5 years work experience for a deluxe luxury hotel chain. You must also demonstrate High level of written and verbal business English.
With a good command of the English language, verbal and written, you will also have a working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel Micros and Opera.