Chef de Partie - Worldwide
Competitve plus benefits
Full job details
At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime!
Disney Cruise Line has established itself as a world-renowned leader in hospitality and entertainment, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our crew members bring the magic to life to deliver exceptional guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay!
With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow personally and professionally, and Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to grow, excel and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world.
Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
- Ensure every food item leaving the Galley is of the highest quality in flavor and presentation
- Partner with Junior Sous Chef and CDC; establish food quality standards during storage, production and service
- Hands on responsibility for own assigned section within the galley
- Guide lead and train direct reports up to Disney Cruise Line Standards
- Execute company recipe guidelines for assigned area of responsibility via recipe booklets, plate presentation and audits
- Organize and deliver new implementations on area of responsibility
- Organize area of responsibility for daily service up to Disney Cruise Line standards
- Meet or exceed Disney Cruise Line and Vessel Sanitation Program (VSP) requirements in area of responsibility
- Understand, monitor and ensure opening and closing procedures for assigned production areas; ensure follow through with Cooks & Stewards
- Monitor handling and maintenance of operating equipment; proactively report maintenance needs to Junior Sous Chef
- Minimum two years formal culinary training plus 3 years work experience which may consist of an accredited school or recognized apprenticeship OR minimum 6 years work experience with 2 years in a comparable role
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Must be proficient in all stations in the kitchen
- Must be proficient in safe food handling, HACCP / USPH
- Knowledge and proficiency in following and converting recipes
- Demonstrates a commitment to culinary career with a desire to grow within the F&B industry; demonstrates a passion for food
- Must have understanding of food cost and the impact of spoilage
- Must be able to work with a multi-cultural team in a confined environment
Ship experience preferred
This is a SHIPBOARD role.
Reports to: Junior Sous Chef and Chef De Cuisine
Direct reports: Up to Four (4) Commis Chefs and Demi Chefs de Partie
Level: Petty Officer/Staff
Contract Length: Six (6) Months
Unique Disney Cruise Line benefits include USPH bonus, travel paid for, uniforms paid for, six-month contract with option of renewal, ongoing training & career development, Disney park tickets and Disney merchandise discounts.
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be committed to the position you are applying for at least 2-3 contracts before a transfer or promotion
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be willing to share a cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.