Junior Sous Chef - Multi Cuisine A La Carte Casual Restaurant - Sydney, Australia
Full job details
The Star Entertainment Group owns and operates The Star in Sydney, Treasury Casino & Hotel in Brisbane and Jupiters Gold Coast on the Gold Coast. The Star Entertainment Group also manages the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre. At the core of The Star Entertainment Group's premium offering at each property is the quintessential spirit of each destination with broad appeal for both local and international visitors.
Based on the gaming floor and open for breakfast lunch and dinner and 24hours on Friday & Saturday, Food Quarter offers a diverse range dining options and monthly specials. The four food quarters include Asian BBQ with Cantonese roasts, wok tossed rice/noodles and curries; Western Menu with pasta, pizza, risotto, pie, salads, sandwiches and sides; and sweet desserts with muffins & cakes.
Reporting to the Sous Chef you will be working in our state-of-the-art kitchen to produce an exceptional standard of high quality, a la carte dishes from different types of cuisines. An understanding of different cuisines (Asian, Italian, Western) is essential for this fast paced bistro style service. Your role will be hands on in terms of overseeing and being involved with food preparation as well as leading and organising the team.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Strong experience at a Junior Sous Chef / Chef de Partie level within an a la carte casual dining restaurant or bistro
- Experience in a high turnover a la carte kitchen with exemplary standards of culinary production
- Strong understanding of produce, culinary techniques and a variety of cuisines
- Confident leadership and training skills
- Be detail orientated, highly organised and able to handle pressure
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights on weekends and holidays
What benefits are there to work for the Star Sydney?
- A career with some of the best chefs in Australia
- Learn new techniques and use modern equipment
- Training opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Uniforms and laundering provided
- Free meals
- Free light rail to The Star from Central station
- Discounted rooms in The Star Entertainment Group across Australia
- Discounts on parking, lyric theatre tickets, restaurants, JB-Hifi and Virgin Airlines
Sponsorship is available for eligible international candidates. An IELTS test is required for candidates with Passports from non-English speaking countries with a minimum score of 5 in each category.
If you are passionate about food and the taking the next step in your career please apply now.