Junior Sous Chef ( Grill section ) - Fine Dining Steakhouse - Sydney, Australia
Excellent plus benefits
Full job details
The Star Entertainment Group owns and operates The Star in Sydney, Treasury Casino & Hotel in Brisbane and Jupiters Gold Coast on the Gold Coast. The Star Entertainment Group also manages the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre. At the core of The Star Entertainment Group's premium offering at each property is the quintessential spirit of each destination with broad appeal for both local and international visitors.
BLACK Bar & Grill menu presents the finest steakhouse cuisine inspired by contemporary Australia and its season produce. Open for lunch and dinner, the Restaurant itself has stunning views of the Sydney harbour and stylish decor offering a novel dining experience. Different cuts of wagu & angus beef are hand selected, based on texture, marbling and flavour, then gently smoked over cherry wood before being charred over a wood burning grill.
Reporting to the Sous Chef you will be working in our state-of-the-art kitchen handling the grill section. Your role will hands on ensuring our protein is cooked to perfection, just as our guests have ordered.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Strong experience at a Junior Sous Chef / Chef de Partie level within a fine dining steakhouse
- Expertise and confidence in the grill section
- Experience in a high turnover a la carte kitchen with exemplary standards of culinary production
- Strong understanding of produce, culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
- Confident leadership and training skills
- Be detail orientated, highly organised and able to handle pressure
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
What benefits are there to work for the Star Sydney?
- A career with some of the best chefs in Australia
- Learn new techniques and use modern equipment
- Training opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Uniforms and laundering provided
- Free meals
- Free light rail to The Star from Central station
- Discounted rooms in The Star Entertainment Group across Australia
- Discounts on parking, lyric theatre tickets, restaurants, JB-Hifi and Virgin Airlines
Sponsorship is available for eligible international candidates. An IELTS test is required for candidates with Passports from non-English speaking countries with a minimum score of 5 in each category.
If you are passionate about food and the taking the next step in your career please apply now.