Chef de Cuisine
Translated from Arabic, Meydan means 'a meeting place'. Meydan Hotels, through its collection of luxury hotels & resorts, provides its guests and customers with a myriad of unique and iconic places to meet.
Whether it is a meeting of minds at a board meeting or a meeting of hearts at a wedding reception, Meydan Hotels has unrivalled venues that make its properties the place to meet.
Meydan Hotels not only personifies warm, authentic yet modern Arabian hospitality; it also represents luxury, elegance, space, style, action and serenity.
With its home in Meydan City, a prestigious new business, sporting and lifestyle destination in Dubai, Meydan Hotels is ideally situated at the epicenter of one of the world’s most exhilarating destinations. Its portfolio currently includes The Meydan Hotel and Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa in Dubai.
Key tasks of a Chef De Cuisine
- To develop menus and set standard recipes which allow the restaurants to run at an acceptable food cost
- To work in any section of the kitchen when necessary, due to business pressure or employee shortages.
- To respond to change in the departmental function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
- Ensure manning and competence level of selected colleagues is sufficient for the department and to proactively assist in the selection of qualified candidates to meet and maintain the appropriate manning requirements of the organization.
- To attend meetings as required in the Operational Manual and up-date the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef on points raised.
Competencies and Specifics of Chef De Cuisine
- Quality Driven and very strong Knowledge in International and Mediterranean Cuisine.
- Strong Leadership Skills, Committed to Guest satisfaction and Quality.
- A Leader who is committed to train and develop his colleagues working with him.
- A person who manages the Kitchen in a cost effective way.
- Self Motivated, Planning, developing and costing of Menu’s on a regular basis.
- Experience in Middle east is an Advantage
- Experience in same position for atleast 1 to 3 years but should have 5 Star Hotel Background experience for Last 4 to 5 years.
- He should reflect Good Personal Presentation as Guest Contact would be on daily basis.
- He should be Fluent in English, Other known Languages would be of added Advantage.