Guest Services Supervisor
Translated from Arabic, Meydan means ‘a meeting place’. Meydan Hotels, through its collection of luxury hotels & resorts, provides its guests and customers with a myriad of unique and iconic places to meet. Whether it is a meeting of minds at a board meeting or a meeting of hearts at a wedding reception, Meydan Hotels has unrivalled venues that make its properties the place to meet. Meydan Hotels not only personifies warm, authentic yet modern Arabian hospitality; it also represents luxury, elegance, space, style, action and serenity.
With its home in Meydan City, a prestigious new business, sporting and lifestyle destination in Dubai, Meydan Hotels is ideally situated at the epicentre of one of the world’s most exhilarating destinations. Its portfolio currently includes The Meydan Hotel and Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa in Dubai.
About the Role:
Primarily supervises front office team members to ensure efficient and smooth operations for producing excellent feedbacks and guest satisfaction. Responds in a professional and courteous manner to guests by providing accurate and timely information and services.
- Assign and instruct Guest Service Agents and Operators in details of work. Observe performance and encourage improvement. Monitor lobby traffic to make staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Manage front desk operations by completing a checklist of important daily tasks, determining room and rate availability and making decisions that are in the best interest of the hotel. Assist Guest Service Agents, Operators, Reservation Agents, Bell Attendants and other departments with any questions or requests.
- Prepare and conduct daily pre-shift meetings, communicate effectively with all staff and provide them with any information necessary to provide guest service in accordance with MHH Standards.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Front Office Manager or Assistant Front Office Manager.
- Prepare daily forecast of expected arrivals and departures using analysis and judgment skills.
- Ensure a high level of product knowledge of the hotel and the local area, and know what is happening in the hotel.
- Ensure our guest receives a fast, efficient and friendly check in and check out.
- Preparation and co-ordination of group arrivals/departures.
- Maximization of room sales and revenue for the hotel by ensuring a sales attitude is adopted at all times and an awareness of all sales opportunities within the hotel is maintained.
- Ensure the Front Office Manager and Assistant Front Office Manager is kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from either the guest or other departments
- Maintain regular contact with frequent guests and all VIP guests of the Hotel.
Education and Experience
You should ideally have a degree in hospitality with 2 years if experience in the Front Office Department. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and knowledge in an additional language is a plus. Computer literate and previous experiences with Opera are an advantage.