JOB TITLE: Sales Manager
DEPARTMENT: Sales, Level “2”
SUPERVISION RECEIVED FROM: directly Assistant Director of Sales SUPERVISION RECEIVED FROM: indirectly Director of Sales & Marketing
Provided the organisation has a DOS and therefore an additional Sales Manager, his responsibilities should be outlined and cover the following:
- The Sales Department should be augmented with additional sales person(s) who can concentrate on personal selling of the hotel's facilities.
- His or her primary area of concentration will be the Corporate Market, local Travel Market, directed by the Director of Sales.
- Coordinate with other departments in the hotel (F&B, Res. and FO).
- Getting involved in pricing, packaging through the proper and regular marketing surveys
- Supervising & training for the sales executive & the asst. sales manager.
- Direct his/her efforts to be quickly adapting with the latest market trends
- A consistent constrictive evaluation to the junior sales candidates
- Evaluation and direction of the day to day activities mainly to achieve the short term targets
- Establishing a short term targets in coordination with his/her superiors
- Analyzing the achieved results with a proper commenting and proposed corrective actions towards the week areas if needed
- Following up with the reservation department for the low periods all around the year in order to promote this periods.
- Handling with the key accounts and develop a new accounts in travel and corporate Market.
- Weekly reporting indicating the whole week activities