Cluster Chief Engineer
Position: Cluster Chief Engineer
Reporting to: General Manager / Director of Operations
Ensures smooth organisation of Engineering Department and delivers an effective work control and productivity.
- Tests regular all fire prevention systems in the entire hotel.
- Directs and supervises the implementation of an effective Trouble Report system together with other day-to-day works of general maintenance and repair to ensure that the building, its contents and its surroundings are at all times in first-class condition throughout.
- Identifies and arranges for all work necessary to maintain this high standard whether mechanical, electrical or civil, to be completed in good time.
- Advises General Manager and Area Director of Engineering on refurbishment and rebuilding.
- Ensures all disturbances / breakdowns are handled and registered.
- Draws up preventive maintenance schedules for every item of mechanical and electrical plant or equipment of all departments, such as Chillers, Boilers, Cooling
- Towers, Air Handling Units and Fans, Pumps, Automatic Control systems, Sanitation etc.
- Incorporates these schedules into the development of a comprehensive preventive maintenance scheme, directs and supervisors the work of his assistant and his team of skilled and semiskilled tradesmen in its continuous implementation.
- Monitors the effects of servicing and maintenance on their condition wherever possible by means of engineering log and instrument test readings.
- Controls departmental budget and maintain accuracy of savings, such as electricity, gas water, supplies, etc.
- Arranges and negotiates prices for all manufactures / agents service contracts in accordance with requirements of the relevant policy.
- Co-ordinates and supervises the work of service contractors to ensure that the terms of all such contracts for major plant and systems designated as critical are fully implemented.
- For all works involving outside contractors or consultants draws up relevant specifications and assesses the quotations.
- Confers with successful contractors and follows up closely to ensure that all works are completed according to specification and within the required period.
Safety & security
- Pays constantly attention to security and safety regulations and is fully aware of the local law risks procedures.
- Trains team members according to standards in RISK manual.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language or another language with mother tongue
- High educated , prefer diploma in hotel management
- 5-7 years experience in 5* hotel