Guest Experience Manager
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find your World.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Rooms - Front Office
- Assist in developing and implementing initiatives which embrace Guest Experience and Constructive Feedback. To drive Personalisation Starwood particularly “Guests” work stream and work on collecting information about our guests’ wishes and translate them into a bespoke experience at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort utilizing tools such as SPG, StarGuest & MAR (Master Arrival Report), Guest Experience Index Portal (GEI).
- Drive Upselling and SPG Enrolments at the department. Ensure Brand standards are followed by Front Office associates and all the processes are on brand.
- Ensure that credit/ financial policies are closely followed.
- Actively pursue, monitor and follow-up on post stay communication through eg. GEI and social websites to ensure full satisfaction and or recovery of the guest experience.
- To cover Night Manager shift in his/her absence.
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring effective flow and seamless arrival experience starting from the door to the guests’ rooms in collaboration of Lobby Ambassadors, Doormen and GSAs.
- Take full responsibility to meet and recognize all VIP/SPG guests and ensure to provide a solid confident point of contact should anything be needed from the guests during or past their stay.
- Manage the “waiting guests” experience in combination with the early check-in / late check-out facilities.
- To ensure all guests are escorted to the venues visiting.
- To make sure that Lobby Ambassadors team is visible in the Lobby at all times to assist the guests.
- Where possible Help of Lobby butlers to be extended to complete the rooming for arriving guests.
- Check on HSK Discrepancy report and address if any with full investigation and follow up.
- Ensure credit policy: Credit limit, Cash paying guest etc – Take action upon accounts at risk.
- Ensure that no PM is opened for more than 24 hours as per company policy and if PM is opened GEM is fully responsible for the outcome of it. Ref. PM FOE
- Ensure that CCC files are dully closed and report is reviewed at the end of the month, disputes to be filled on time if needed.
- Take full responsibility to review MAR and lead arrival meeting to ensure all are aware of VIP arrivals, special requests, preferences, special occasions etc.
- Ensure guests’ profiles are enhanced, completed and guests’ privacy is respected. Guests are opted in or opted out from StarGuest system to support GPS.
- Ensure all guests interactions are recorded in Starguest/PMS at minimum. Ensure that all guests’ opportunities are logged as “Expectations” in StarGuest and actioned (by appropriate department) immediately to recover the guest experience.
- Ensure as GEI Champion that GEI is reviewed daily, Hot alerts are acted on immediately (maximum within 48 hours) and systems and team are updated on relevant information.
- Ensure Guests’ comments via Social Media channels, such as TripAdvisor, is responded to in a timely manner. Other involved departments are communicated to for additional information if needed.
- Ensure Lobby public areas are well maintained, neat and tidy, such as Lobby, Library etc.
- Provide timely feedback and PMP’s to team
- Support development of team in their career with focus on Reception or Butler career.
- Promote in room check-in
- Review processes and data and provide innovative ideas to improve key business the business
- Ensure Duty Mobile is answered at all times with the positive and professional manner and issues addressed are followed up and/ or redirected to the most suitable person.
- Ensure the telephones at the Front Desk are picked up at all times as per St. Regis standards.
- Ensure all staff members are aware of the ongoing functions and effectively escort guests to the desired event.
- Carry out on job training for Front Desk Team.
- Take personal responsibility to inform guests of the hotel policies pertaining registration, credit policy, Disclaimers (babysitters, child’s bedding, medicine) and others.
- Ensure that right channels of communications are followed through during Emergencies.
- Be aware of the city sightseeing sights and places of interests to promote to guests.
- Any other duties directed by the Front of House Manager.
Any other duties assigned by Front Of House Manager, Director of Guest Services and SLT team.
- Bachelor in Hospitality preferred
- Previous experience at a supervisory level in a 5* property
- Additional language preferred: Arabic, Russian or German
- High level of IT understanding.
- Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently