At Meliá Hotels International we value human and professional qualities. We work together to grow in a company that is the leader not only in our different lines of business but also in people management, one of our main foundations. For those reasons and because we know that you are talented, ambitious and are seeking to grow and improve as a professional, we are inviting you to come and achieve your dream with us.
Under the administrative supervision of the General Manager and within the limits of Melia Hotel policies and procedures and local requirements, is responsible for all hotel accounting and financial controls
- Coordinate along with the General Manager of the hotel yearly business plan.
- Assesses, evaluates and ensures that long-term and short term goals of the finance operations are met.
- Controlling Cash flow management
- Implements and maintains local accounting procedures as required by local government regulations and in accordance with Operating Standards; obtains all necessary business licenses from the appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Maintains accurate and timely financial and operating information and provides analyses, interpretations and projections to management.
- Complete in time external/ Internal audits with personal accountability for the implementation of agreed audit points.
- Controls all capital expenditures to ensure full compliance with original justification and approval and that they are incurred within the limits of the hotel’s budget.
- Overall management of working capital including management of inventories and receivables.
- Ensures adherence to all terms and conditions of the Management Agreement.
- Keeps himself and his team updated of all local laws, rules and regulations and obtains appropriate legal counsel regarding the business practices of the hotel.
- Performs/directs regular inspections and tests to ensure all departments are complying with the required procedures.
- Identifying opportunities for improving and updating service delivery methods and procedures; review with appropriate management staff; implement improvements.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Financial Controller or similar positions
- Previous experience in hotels under management agreement
- Degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- Excellent Knowledge on SAP and Excel
- Good organizational and communicational skills, analytical thinking and commitment of development and talent.
- High level on English.