Director of Sales & Marketing
Full job details
Executive in charge of reaching the targeted goals as defined in the Sales & Marketing Plan.
Responsible for orienting and following up to materialise the budgeted revenues of respective segments through existing clientele and key prospects.
This position focuses on hotel’s national and international key accounts / key prospects base.
- The management of identified key accounts in the leisure segment within the assigned territory
- The identification of potential accounts within the segment and territory
- Ensure the hotel achieves its financial objectives.
- Supervise preparations and definition of the Sales & Marketing Plan and manual for the department and participate in setting up the sales & marketing policies, procedures and objectives.
- Determine the corporate/travel trade marketing and sales strategy related to pricing and promoting to meet the objectives outlined in the Sales & Marketing Plan.
- Clearly understand and communicate the Corporate and Regional Strategic Sales Objectives to the Sales & Marketing team.
- Handle budgets for miscellaneous sales activities and promotions.
- Actively involved in the recruitment of all members of the Sales & Marketing Team in conjunction with People Services.
- Identify, retain and develop Talent within the team.
- Ensure that regular and appropriate communication is carried out with the Global Sales Offices that assist the Hotel Sales & Marketing team in achieving their goals.
- Supervise the existence of an efficient follow-up on all leads to maintain a good relationship and generate group/individual leads for the hotel.
- Through various tools (e.g. media, social events, gatherings with competition etc.), explore economical data, new developments in certain companies’ structures, new assignments, industrial complexes, new business centers, new projects which all could be of interest and benefit of the hotel and distribute this information to relevant staff.
- Propose ideas for promotional materials to be distributed during sales calls, international trade shows and for other promotional activities.
- Set up the corporate rates for local/international companies / travel trade accounts as well as other commercial accounts.
- Collaborate with all local and overseas customers, make personal calls to accounts and trace potential customers.
- Supervise the existence of an efficient customer database system (SFA), which will be capable of identifying to report sales calls and other sales activities and maintain a vigorous updating exercise in certain periods of time.
- Maintain a fair account distribution amongst the sales employees who will be responsible to manage (visit, handling complaints, update information and follow up) their own account group.
- Cascade all relevant key information to the Sales & Marketing team.
- Project and prepare the participation procedure for domestic or international trade shows, fairs, exhibitions, workshops, road-shows, sales blitzes etc. and participate in such professional business related events.
To fill this position the candidate must have:
- Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect
- Demonstrate the key leadership qualities as identified by the VP Sales
- Analytical approach to problem solving and demonstrated ability to “think outside of the box”
- Demonstrate creative and innovative approach to Sales & Marketing activities
- Negotiation skills and selling skills
- Revenue and target focus
- Knowledge of food and menu preparation, service and presentation as well as pricing and cost strategies
- A minimum of five (5) years sales and marketing experience in the hotel industry in a 4/5 star hotel category.
- Experience in the GCC is important and United Arab Emirates a distinct advantage
- Strong knowledge of Leisure markets
- Diploma in Business Administration, specialized in Marketing; University Degree 1st cycle/ Bachelor Degree.