Director of Human Resources
As a Director of Human Resources, you should ensure the overall day to day needs of the hotels manning is kept up to date; to run the hotel in a legal manner ensuring all licences are kept up to date; and to advise the General Manager and Department Heads on legal matters in accordance with local labour laws.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, and labor relations.
- Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Current experience in a similar role-Current experience in a similar role in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resources Management, Hiring, Developing Standards, Foster Teamwork, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, Promoting Process Improvement, Building Relationships, Organizational Astuteness, People Skills, and Retaining Employees
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong network of connections
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong network of connections
- Ability to work well under time pressure
- Strong negotiation skills and creative selling ability.
- Relevant education on human resources, hotel or business administration, communications, or a related field is required
- Fluency in Arabic is essential, fluency in English or other languages would be an advantage