Reservation Agent - Arabic Speaking
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Book and enter room reservation requests using the Property Management System.
- Enter rooming lists while ensuring accuracy, as required.
- Update reservations ensuring a flawless check in and check out process.
- Ensure revenue is maximized by up-selling guest rooms and recommending hotel facilities.
- Liaise with Sales and other departments as required.
- Answer telephone and email inquiries in a timely manner.
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way.
- Respond to enquiries about hotel products and services over the telephone, fax, email, etc.
- Determine Guest’s needs and quotes the appropriate room and rate as per requirements.
- Book reservation with most accurate information to ensure exceeding guest’s expectations.
- Arrange accommodation, visas and activity requirements for leisure, corporate and wholesaler’s guests.
- Has a general understanding of Groups - including cut off dates, blocking and booking policies and procedures
- Understand Revenue Management strategies, sell levels and sell directed rates and is able to apply these methods to offer as per available Hotel inventory
- Cooperate, coordinate and communicate with all other departments to ensure highest level of Guest service is maintained and the maximum profit is generated
- Ensure knowledge of all facilities of different services and hours of operation in order to respond confidently and effectively to inquiries
- Consistently demonstrate a commitment to personal Guest Service excellence and profitably through special duties as assigned
- Adhere to and promote all Company Health & Safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Previous customer related experience required
- Must be able to type 25 words per minute
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Must possess outstanding Sales skills, Guest service skills, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills
- Proficient in English and Arabic languages (Verbal and written)
- Must be able to handle multitude of tasks in an intense, ever changing environment while remaining calm, collective and accurate
- Possess full command of CRS, PMS and other Microsoft applications (necessary training will be provided) Computer literacy in Windows, MS Office Suite, PMS systems is an added advantage
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours (Shift Timing)
- 1 years experience in similar positions and customer service is preferred.