Guest Relations Executive (Hostess) - Food and Beverage Service - Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the West Crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals that conjure up images of the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort boasts 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences, Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East and a collection of six diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences.About the Role
An exciting role has arisen for a highly motivated and hardworking Guest Relation Executive (Hostess) to join the Food and Beverages team at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. The main duties of this role is to project a professional and welcoming image to the business, is active in seeking and developing relationships to drive reservations. Is organized and can proactively drive passant to covers through engagement of potential customers.
Your main duties will include:
- Provide the perfect first impression with a smile and welcome. Has a good presence with arriving customers, is able to allocate and seat guest according to sequence of service. Has a full understanding of SOS and their role within these standards.
- Is able to spot a sales opportunity to upsell products and service to existing or potential guests.
- Has full knowledge of all products and is able to confidently give descriptions to a customer. Can confidently take an order asking all relevant questions linked to sequence of service.
- Is able to make simple decisions that affect their own work or the customers experience in a positive manner.
- To understand and comply with all local licensing laws and to promote responsible service of alcohol.
- Has a full understanding and can when asked explain the brand concept, history and vision.
- Is required to be immaculate and presentable and understand the importance of first impressions.
- Ensures problems are dealt with immediately and proactively with the support of OM.
- Is organised both personally and professionally. Is prepared and ready for service.
- Has good time management skills. Reports for duty, meetings and training on time
- Is able to take details of function requests and pass onto manager.
- Takes responsibility to complete own probationary and appraisal paper work as required.
- Actively engages with colleagues and customers at all times.
Any duties as requested by the management.About You
In order to be considered for this role, you will have the genuine interest in assisting others, and enjoy working with people. Apart from these you should also have:
An excellent written & verbal skill and is able to hold a conversation with confidence over the telephone. It is desirable for a second language and minimum of 1 year experience in a Guest Relation Executive role with standalone/branded restaurants.