Abu Dhabi (AE)
Full job details
Kempinski - Emirates Palace
Abu Dhabi (AE)
Principal duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following, which indicates the general nature of work expected:
- Responsible for testing the pH balance of the water, treating the water with chemicals and reporting the water quality to your supervisor.
- Responsible for servicing pools, which primarily consists of treating the pool water
- Monitors swimming pools and oversee all maintenance and operational tasks in a cost efficient and effective manner
- Respond to requests from staff, users and the general public to ensure quality service.
- Ensure that cleanliness and safety of swimming pools are maintained on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare reports as required ensuring accurate and up-to-date records are maintained.
- Record data from preventative maintenance programs and other program data as required.
- Identify all hazards and safety issues and make sure corrections are implemented to correct problems.
- Participates in conducting fire prevention training programs.
- Attends and Contributes to Engineering Departmental meetings.
- Aware of and adhere to the Fire and Life Safety standards of the Company ensuring to report any risks to Management.
- Attend meetings and training sessions requested by department.
- Adhere to Emirates Palace Employee Handbook
- Adhere to Emirates Palace & Kempinski Policies & Procedures
- Represent the 5 values of Kempinski DNA: Creating Traditions, Entrepreneurial Performance, People Oriented, Straight Forwardness and Passion for European Luxury
- Follow Supervisors instructions in line with job requirements
- Adhere to all security and safety instructions
- Inspire guests with an attitude of personal attention to their requests
- A commitment to a sense of urgency, immediacy and total responsiveness
- Intuitively anticipate guests needs and address them in a refreshingly unique manner
- Proactively find opportunities for innovative service delivery
- Demonstrate commitment to uncompromising standards of excellence
- Approach each guest in a confident and welcoming manner
- Work as a team with all other departments in their effort to delight the guest
- Demonstrate a willingness to “ go the extra mile” to exceed guests expectations
- Show respect for guests security and privacy at all times
- Take personal responsibility for meeting guests needs
- Communicate effectively to ensure service excellence at all times
- Ensure requests are followed through to the guests satisfaction
- Display a sense of determination when solving problems
- Adapt the role of a "server" in acting on the hotel stage.
- Create moments of emotional value for the guest.
- Look for creative service delivery
- Develop yourself throughout your career with Kempinski
- Background in water treatment and pool maintenance
- Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, skills, equipment, procedures and materials. Applies knowledge to identify issues and internal problems; works to develop additional technical knowledge and skills.
- Assertive and effectiveness
- Action and Result Oriented
- Hands on
- Solves engineering problems using appropriate theoretical and practical engineering principles.
- Detailed knowledge of hotel operations
- Ability for predictive maintenance.
- Able to work independently
- Skills to analyze feedback information and propose remedial action.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: word, excel, ppt.