Chief Engineer - Hotel Operations
Full job details
Kempinski - Emirates Palace
Engineering, Chief Engineer
- Assists the Executive Director of Engineering in POMEC functions.
- Achieves optimal operating efficiency by closely adhering to procedures detailed in the technical maintenance manual.
- Assures implementation of Kempinski policies, standards and procedures for: -
- Fire & Life Safety programs.
- Physical security programs.
- Effective preventive and routine maintenance.
- Maintenance planning and schedules.
- POMEC programs and procedures..
- Inspection and staff supervision.
- POMEC labour standards and labour cost controls.
- Proper appearance and housekeeping of all equipment rooms.
- Analyzes and monitors POMEC operations and expenditures of the hotel.
- Establishes and operates an effective energy management program.
- Participates in periodic inspection of the entire property.
- Monitors present and future trends, systems and practices in hotel technology and recommends justifiable future actions.
- Receives and analyses feedback information from other administration departments in his hotel for recommending to the Executive Director of Engineering new policies and procedures for economical operation and maintenance.
- Participates with the Executive Director of Engineering to review and make recommendations on the annual POMEC budgets of his hotel.Reviews proposed capital expenditure authorization requests pertaining to POMEC prior to submission to the General Manager
- Investigates and recommend sources when local purchasing of contract services, equipment, parts and supplies may be required.
- Provides functional assistance and direction to engineering personnel.
- Coordinates with all other departments.
- Deals with hotel guests and lessees, when related to POMEC
- Coordinates and supervises contractors.
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering with 5 years experience of which 2 years should be as a Chief Engineer in a 5 star hotel, or merchant navy ship.
- Ability to instruct, train, motivates the subordinates.
- Knowledge of fire & life safety programs
- Ability to conduct trainings and presentations.
- Computer skills relevant to preventive maintenance programs and office use.
- Familiar with health and safety applications for various works.
- Ability for predictive maintenance.
- Skills to analyze feedback information and propose remedial action.
- Skill to coordinate with various departments.
- Administrative skills.
- Management skills to manage people as well as work output with available resources.
- Ability to foresee and be proactive.
- Skill to deal with work pressures and stress.
- Ability to deal with suppliers and contractors.
- Fluent in English