Fire and Life Safety Supervisor
Full job details
Principal duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following, which indicates the general nature of work expected:
- Provide supervision of fire safety technicians.
- Assures implementation of Kempinski policies, standards and procedures for:
- Physical security programs.
- Effective preventive and routine maintenance.
- Maintenance planning and schedules.
- Inspections and staff supervision.
- Appearance and housekeeping of all engineering related spaces.
- Supports and initiates programs for the improvement of procedures and the reduction of costs.
- Conducts scheduled inspections and safety audits.
- Assess Safety Management Systems against established guidelines.
- Investigate incidents and complaints and take corrective action.
- Establishes and uses techniques to monitor and supervise the work of subordinates, monitor the results of delegated assignments.
- Establishes course of action to accomplish specific work schedules. Uses time efficiently personally well organized.
- Use training and development resources to improve subordinates skills and abilities. Helps subordinates qualify for future opportunities.
- Gives work directions, resolves problems, prepares schedules and sets deadlines.
- Ensures strict adherence to safety rules when undertaking maintenance and repair work.
- Attends and contributes to engineering departmental meetings.
- Assists the Fire and Life Safety Engineer with the selection and training staff (technical).
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Interacts with other departments when necessary
- Motivates, empowers, inspires, collaborates with, and encourages others.
- Develops a culture where team members feel ownership in what they do and continually improve the operations.
- Builds consensus when appropriate.
- Focuses team members on common goals.
- Adhere to Emirates Palace Employee Handbook
- Adhere to Emirates Palace & Kempinski Policies & Procedures
- Represent the 5 values of Kempinski DNA: Creating Traditions, Entrepreneurial Performance, People Oriented, Straight Forwardness and Passion for European Luxury
- Follow Supervisors instructions in line with job requirements
- Adhere to all security and safety instructions
- Inspire guests with an attitude of personal attention to their requests
- A commitment to a sense of urgency, immediacy and total responsiveness
- Intuitively anticipate guests needs and address them in a refreshingly unique manner
- Proactively find opportunities for innovative service delivery
- Demonstrate commitment to uncompromising standards of excellence
- Approach each guest in a confident and welcoming manner
- Work as a team with all other departments in their effort to delight the guest
- Demonstrate a willingness to “ go the extra mile” to exceed guests expectations
- Show respect for guests security and privacy at all times
- Take personal responsibility for meeting guests needs
- Communicate effectively to ensure service excellence at all times
- Ensure requests are followed through to the guests satisfaction
- Display a sense of determination when solving problems
- Adapt the role of a "server" in acting on the hotel stage.
- Create moments of emotional value for the guest.
- Look for creative service delivery
- Develop yourself throughout your career with Kempinski.
- Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5 years’ experience in fire safety, occupational health and environmental issues, of which at least 2 years should be in a supervisory position.
- Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, skills, equipment, procedures and materials. Applies knowledge to identify issues and internal problems; works to develop additional technical knowledge and skills.
- Assertive and effectiveness
- Action and Result Oriented
- Strong Leadership
- Hands on
- Solves engineering problems using appropriate theoretical and practical engineering principles.
- Detailed knowledge of hotel operations
- Good Knowledge in fire detection and protection systems.
- Good knowledge in health & safety practices.
- Computer skills relevant to preventive maintenance software programs and office use.
- Ability for predictive maintenance.
- Skills to analyze feedback information and propose remedial action.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Skills to train technicians achieve high quality workmanship.
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: word, excel, ppt.