Human Resources Manager
The HR Manager directs and works with Human Resources and Operations employees to carry out the daily activities of the Human Resource Department including oversight of recruitment, total compensation, training and development, association/labor relations, and performance management. Additionally, the HR Manager focuses on delivering HR services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success; as well as ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and operating procedures.
• Responsible in interviewing and hiring of employees with the appropriate skills, as needed.
• Establishes and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
• Oversees/monitors candidate identification and selection process.
• Provides subject matter expertise to heads of department regarding selection procedures.
• Partners with vendor partners to ensure effective advertisement efforts are being utilized for open positions in appropriate venues to attract a diverse candidate pool.
• Oversees the selection/non-selection and offers processes to ensure proper procedures are followed (e.g., valid reasons for selection/non-selection and applicants receive status notifications).
• Ensures that department has the available resources on hand to administer employee benefits.
• Ensures that employee's concerns on benefits are promptly attended and accurately processed.
• Ensures strict monitoring of employee's attendance and timekeeping.
Learning and Development
• Supports a departmental induction program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees; supervise on-going training initiatives and conducts training, when appropriate.
• Ensures coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of guest service in company culture.
• Ensures attendance by all new hires and participation of the leadership team in training programs
• Collaborates with management team to ensure departmental orientation processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Ensures that annual training plan for internal and external trainings (training levy) are carried out, monitored and measured for its effectiveness.
• Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels in the hotel (e.g., develops daily communications and assists with regularly scheduled property-wide meetings).
• Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
• Utilizes an “open door” policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns in a timely manner
• Ensures employee issues are referred to the Department Manager for resolution or escalated to the Group Human Resource Manager and General Manager.
• Partners with Loss Prevention to conduct employee accident investigations, as necessary.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
Legal and Compliance Practices
• Ensures employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
• Ensures compliance with procedure for accessing, reviewing, and auditing employee files and ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.
• Ensures medical records are maintained in a separate, secure and confidential medical file.
• Communicates property rules and regulations via the associate handbook.
• Represents Human Resources at the property Safety Committee; helps to identify ways to create awareness of the importance of safety in the workplace and decrease accident frequency and severity.