Junior Sous Chef - 55&5th The Grill
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find your World.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Upon completion of the On boarding training, the 1 month Induction Plan and Service Culture programme, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring through supervision and organization, that food is prepared and presented in accordance with the established standards and that a high degree of cleanliness exists throughout the Kitchen areas.
- Being vigilant and aware of individual responsibilities of HACCP.
- Kitchen operation during shift worked and in the absence of the Chef de Cuisine Liaises with Restaurant / Banquet Manager regarding food preparation and presentation; with the Chief Steward to ensure cleanliness and hygiene standards and with the Engineering Department to ensure that all equipment is in proper working order and any other assignment given by the management if and when required.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility
- Supervises the work of the kitchen staff on a specific shift to ensure food preparation, organization and presentation standards are followed.
- Ensures that kitchen equipment is in proper working order and issues maintenance request for its repair
- Trains staff in accordance to planned training programs and corrects production errors & methods as found necessary
- Maintains waste to a minimum and determines that portion control is followed to ensure that the required food cost percentage is obtained.
- Initiates and participates in creative selling, merchandising, decoration and presentation ideas. Assists in obtaining, creating & devising new dishes with their respective recipes
- Liaises with the Stewarding department to ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen, its fixture and equipment
- Orders fresh and dry good in the absence of the Chef de Cuisine
- Liaises with the Restaurant and Banquet Managers regarding food preparation and presentation, special menus and seasonal specialty
- Learns the hotels fire, safety, health and hygiene regulations and how to operate the kitchen firefighting equipment
- Maintains the work attendance records for the kitchen staff in the absence of the Chef de Cuisine.
- Determines, with the Chef de Cuisine the quality of the supplies for the kitchen
- Performs all duties of a Jr. Sous Chef if and when necessary.
- Ensures that refrigerators, walk in chillers and walk in freezers in the kitchen are clean and properly arranged.
- Attends departmental meetings and briefings as and when scheduled
- Attends training sessions as and when scheduled
- Responsible for the efficient day to day operation in the assigned outlet kitchen, including food preparation cooking, presentation, supervision, training and storage.
- Suggests in connection with the Chef de Cuisine disciplinary actions relating to all kitchens & stewarding staff.
- High School / Culinary School / Hotel School
- EFST Certification is a must
- Previous experience as Chef de Partie in a 5* hotel
- High level of IT understanding / Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently
- Be knowledgeable of classic & modern culinary preparation, garnishing, dishes and cooking.
- Ability to supervise and maintain a high level of food production, preparation and delivery throughout the kitchens.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other departments.