Chef de Cuisine - All Day Dining
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find your World.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Upon completion of the On boarding training, the 1 month Induction Plan and Service Culture programme, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting all aspects of kitchen management, team training and development, team planning, food budget management, menu delivery and developments, and all Health and Safety aspects related to the kitchen.
- Working as a team and embrace operational guidelines & brand standards, be a highly effective communicator, able to inspire and motivate whilst building a culture of high performance throughout the culinary team.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
• Ensure full liaison with other members of the section and the Kitchen team to maintain department standards.
• Key relationship with the Executive Chef, Executive Sous & Sous Chefs.
• Key relationship with F&B Director, Venue Managers & Banqueting Manager and all Service staff/In Room Dining and Hygiene Manager.
• Key relationship with Sales & Marketing as well as Hotel Manager.
• When appropriate represent the Kitchen at Operations meetings, Event Order Meetings etc. at all times being prepared and ensuring seamless flow of communication back to the Kitchen team on any action points.
• Key relationship with the stewarding department and the stewards.
• Supervise the work of the kitchen staff on a specific shift to ensure food preparation, organization and presentation standards are followed.
• Ensure that kitchen equipment is in proper working order and issues maintenance requests for its repair,
• Maintain waste to a minimum and determines that portion control is followed to ensure that the required food cost percentage is obtained,
• Propose new menu based on Executive Sous Chef / Executive Chef guidelines - Ensure effective menu planning, implantation and direction through menu engineering, costing (ADACO), recipes and photography,
• Liaise with and supervises the Stewarding department to ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen, its fixture and equipment,
• Order fresh and dry good in co-operation with the purchasing department,
• Liaise with the Restaurant and Banquet Managers (if applicable) regarding food preparation and presentation, special menus and seasonal specialty.
• Maintain the work attendance records for the kitchen staff
• Determine with the Sous Chef the quality of the supplies for the kitchen.
• Ensure that refrigerators, walk in chillers and walk in freezers in the kitchen are clean and properly arranged, in accordance to required standards
• Hotel School / Culinary School
• EFST Certification is a must
• Previous experience as a Chef de Cuisine (or minimum 2 years as a Sous Chef) in 5* Hotel
• Have experience with working with & supervising a large brigade of chefs on a daily basis
• High level of IT understanding / Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently
• Be knowledgeable of classic & modern culinary preparation, garnishing, dishes and cooking.
• Ability to supervise and maintain a high level of food production, preparation and delivery throughout the kitchens.