Executive Pastry Chef
Accountable for the quality, consistency and production of the restaurant kitchen. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the colleague and managing all food related functions. Coordinates menus, purchasing, staffing and food preparation for the property's restaurant. Works with team to improve guest and colleague satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. Develops and trains team to improve results.
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions for restaurant.
- Understands the impact of kitchen operation on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities necessary
- Must be a highly organized person with strong planning skills.
- Goal and results oriented.
- Analytical skills, strength as a developer and a leader of others are essential.
- International experience an asset
- An absolute commitment to service excellence and continual learning
- Michelin Starred Background