Kids Club Manager - Female
Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara, is located 6 Nautical Miles at sea from downtown Doha and 20 minutes by boat from Doha International Airport on an exclusive 13 hectare island that boasts its own marina and reefs. Guests will enjoy a choice of 141 rooms, suites, pool villas and over water villas, as well as four swimming pools, four unique dining options, an Anantara spa and fitness center, water sports, a nine hole putting golf course, cinema, children’s club, activities’ pool and dedicated family beach. This is a unique property, focused on wellness, unmatched in the Middle East.
We are looking for a Kids Club Manager (Prefer Female Candidate)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve guest satisfaction and full engagement in the areas of the Resort
- Implement new service initiatives to achieve our vision
- Enhance Kids and Teens Club services and leisure activities
- Improve continuously the Kids and Teens Club facility in terms of renewing equipment, brainstorming and come with ideas of new initiatives and diversify the choice facilities for our guests
- Ensure Safety and Security in Kids and Teens Club and around the Resort
- Be present in the operation for personalized guests’ interaction, i.e.: Lead and participate in creating guests preferences data base, anticipate needs etc.
- Quality follow up with members, member and guest recognition
- Organize and host social events, deliver briefings and generally interact with guests at all times
- Oversee the maintenance, repair and security of the Kids and Teens club equipment and the satisfactory appearance of the sites to ensure the meeting of guest expectations
- Identify the need to liaise with your line manager with regard placing orders for children’s packs, equipment and supplies with an awareness of budget issues
- Organize a working roster taking into consideration qualifications and company set ratios
- Lead a team to set up, pack up, and proactively provide supervision and assistance to all children each day
- To practically help coordinate the setup of the crèche, activity rooms and hotel at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- Train, motivate and appraise the Kids and Teens club team to ensure the highest levels of service, and coordinate and deliver a training programs assuming responsibility for the development of the Kids and Teens club team
- Promoting healthy, fun activities for the children of the resort guests and members. Scheduling and rotation to ensure activities and events start on time and last the duration
- Ensure all Child Care procedures are in place and the area related to children activities is as per standard requirements
- Ensure children are logged in and out of the area with due care and concern
- Perform and record regular, structured checks on all areas of the club facilities as out lined by the Manager
- Oversee all areas relating to children’s activities and supervision
- Devise a range of activities for all ages and abilities
- Supervise children in such a manor to ensure maximum safety at all times and control of all children during supervised activity/play sessions
- Keep all equipment clean, tidy and well maintained including proper and secure storage
- Report any damaged or missing items in rooms to the Manager for action and follow up
- Attend to guests requests courteously and promptly in the course of duty
- Ensure that all guests enjoy their stay being offered the finest personal service
- Report any guest comment or complaint
- Be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sections of the Recreation Department
- Develop and maintain a strong working environment with the other departments.
- Drive revenues for the department.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by Recreation and Leisure Manager
Events, Activities and Entertainment
- Maximize guests participation to all Recreation related events organized
- Further more, organize special events for the members, communicating directly with them
- Lead the team in organizing Recreation department events and activities
- Execute urgent matters without hesitation, complete daily tasks and not work hours
- Adapt to changes and overcomes difficult challenges. Maintains a professional attitude at all times
- Consistently plans ahead for improvement to avoid obstacles
- Display an open minded approach and actively wants to improve as a leader
- Open to critique and understands its value for professional improvement
- Interested in learning from superiors and colleagues.
- Spend time to understand business and relationships at the hotel
- Work toward setting specific achievable goals for self and team members
- Effectively work within in a fast paced dynamically changing business
Recruitment and Human Resources activities
- Be involved in unification process for new associates.
- Take actions like interviewing and contacting candidates.
- Inspiring candidates join the Anantara Recreation Department.
- Taking care of the details of team members’ accommodation, transportation and other issues that they may face
- Organizing celebrations for department and for special days for the employees like birthdays etc.
- Following that the mandatory trainings have been done before the deadlines
- Create and develop action plans for the associates of the department
- Follow up for the team members performance and development
- Energize the weekly leadership meetings with trgainings, team building, other attractions that make the communication flow easier
- Support leaders with their plans of action and their pyramids for achieving results
- Respond openly to each request coming from the team members, by practicing the open door policy
- Initiate diverse fun-filled activities for the leaders and all associates to enjoy time out of work environment
- Create a positive work environment where internal and external team members feel their opinions and feelings are valued
- Maintain a positive composed attitude and behavior when dealing with internal and external guests in meetings, presentations or other professional functions
- Build great relationship with team members
- Focus on strengthening our human resources with a business mind and focuses on the future
- Use past experiences and new leadership tools to improve daily work processes
- Support team members by presenting clear job breakdowns
- Ensure that all relevant information is provided to colleagues
- Ensure that all communication with guests and colleagues is complete, accurate, engaging and positive.
- Maintain confidentiality of all guest information
- Attend daily line-ups and communicate all challenges and successes with the rest of the team
- Promptly, accurately and consistently report all guest incidents and how they were solved
- Attend designated meetings
- Ensure and emphasize prompt solutions and reporting of any guest incidents during the shift. Ensure the that the challenge is escalated to Manager if need and ensure that all such incidents are discussed in the next line-up and in departmental meeting
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role, please apply online by attaching your CV (featuring a recent picture of you) and a cover letter.