Cluster Director of Sales & Marketing
By working with Holiday Inn Express, you will be part of this culturally diverse enthusiastic and growing company and we help you to achieve your goals by providing training, coaching and above all empowering “Our People”
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic guest focused Sales, Marketing & Communication professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As a Cluster Director of Sales & Marketing you are responsible for coordinating internal and external sales & marketing activities for all properties. The role involves publicity, media coverage, community relations, corporate image and special events in order to market the company image for hospitality and services and will include key responsibilities such as:
- Responsible for preparing, presenting and managing the execution of the annual Sales Plan
- Identify and evaluate potential markets for Holiday Inn Express Dubai hotels and develop with the team where appropriate.
- Responsible for Rate preparation, Contract Development and Market Negotiations for local and international partners.
- In conjunction with the DOR/HM & Front Office Manager, maximize room inventory and event space.
- Establish and develop relationship management with key and potential providers to ensure maximum business in all segments.
- Ensure the teams have the necessary collateral to effectively promote Holiday Inn Express Dubai hotels in all markets.
- Oversee preparation and review of action plans/targets for the sales team.
- Analyze and assess sales production versus targets and take necessary measures and actions to achieve planned goals/budget and departmental costs.
- Utilize the marketing plan in order to uncover new and potential business.
- Oversee timely response and communication with existing accounts and potential new business.
- Conduct periodic reviews to verify correctness of key account information.
- Review monthly and quarterly Sales reports detailing calls, results, follow-up and actions of the team.
- Coordinate activities related to booked business with other departments as required.
- Attends meetings pre-contract to understand guest needs and post-contract to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels, whilst providing a point of contact during their stay to handle any issues.
- Attend local and international travel trade exhibitions, road shows and workshops as and when required or oversee these when attended by members of the team.
- Conduct on the job training to reinforce:
- Awareness of the property’s unique selling points, features and amenities
- Market knowledge i.e. new developments/competitor offering etc.
- Understanding of department’s policies and procedures.
- Establish relations with competitor Directors of Sales to promote sharing of up to date competitor information.
- Prepare analysis and reports for the Cluster General Manager/top management as required.
- Develop active communication and rapport with local authorities such as the tourism board, airlines and other sources of sales information and support.
- Possess excellent communication skills, be fluent in English – spoken and written – the ability to anticipate guest needs and provide exceptional pro active service consistently.
- Assist in producing collateral from concept to final product in line with the Holiday inn Express corporate guidelines to build brand recall.
- Knowledge of the local and international media and media culture.
- Knowledge of UAE market
- Have a valid UAE driving license.
- Have a degree or diploma in Hospitality / Tourism management or equivalent from a reputed university.
The ideal candidate will be dynamic and well qualified, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm and should possess following competencies:
- Influencing outcomes & others - up, down & sideways
- Result oriented, innovative & creative
- Adaptability & integrity with a good attention to detail
- Energetic & self motivated
- Planning & organization
- Team playing attitude
- Strategic thinking & change management
Your application should include a detailed CV with a recent photo, briefly outlining your past work experience and achievements. Please also provide 3 references (including email addresses) .