Executive Sous Chef - Jumeirah Beach hotel
Full job details
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in a world-class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
The award winning Jumeirah Beach Hotel is set on the shores of the Arabian Gulf and built in a startling shape that mirrors a breaking wave. A truly incomparable resort with luxurious accommodation, thoughtful amenities and comprehensive leisure, business and conference facilities. Its signature standard in design, style and service create an environment that is innovative and uniqueAbout the role
A new exciting role has arisen for an Executive Sous Chef to join the Culinary team at Jumeirah Beach Hotel. The Executive Sous Chef position will require the individual to actively contribute to the successful achievement of the organizational goals, link corporate policy and strategy with F&B Production across Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Ensuring that all departments perform and maximize their potential, are individually profitable and sustainable whilst enhancing the resorts image. The individual will be required to assist the Resort Executive Chef in the operation and administration with an overall responsibility in the absence of the Resort Executive Chef in planning, organizing, and managing all activities within the Food preparation areas of the hotel. To be efficient and diplomatic in all situations involving any aspect of Food and Beverage where the reputation of the hotel is represented.
Your key duties will include:
- To have a complete understanding of and adhere to the company’s policy relating to “What we expect” policies in our Navigator Handbook.
- Formulate and continually upgrade a Departmental Operations manual, detailing standards of performance, policies and procedures and service standards pertinent to the efficient operation of the outlet in accordance with the hotel policy.
- Interact with management of other departments within areas of responsibility and to develop solid working relationships with them.
- Assist in planning of menus and designing standard recipes in order to ensure consistent quality in food production and achieving financial responsibilities, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- Liaise with materials to ensure prompt and efficient purchasing, issuing of supplies, stock control and inventory control.
- Liaise with back of the house manager from stewarding department in order to ensure adequate supply of equipment and to establish standards of hygiene and cleanliness for all kitchen areas.
- Identify market needs and trends in terms of food for both hotel guests and local markets.
- Provide management with creative ideas to project and enhance the image of Jumeirah Beach hotel
- To assist the Executive Chef in all administrative tasks.
- Ensure that all the required food transfer are completed to the appropriate outlet / department.
Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.About you
In order to be considered for this role, you will have an internationally recognized Culinary qualification and you should have a minimum of two years similar experience working in a five star hotel. Background in European cuisine is essential.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
It is also essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and you should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.