Assistant Director of Events Sales
ob Qualifications :
1. At least 3 years of experience in related field
2. English proficiency a must
4. Good communication skills
5. Familiarize with market development and product promotion.
6. Food and Beverage expertise a plus.
The Director of Events works within the events team, this position has responsibility for sourcing and driving events and catering business in order to maximize revenue & utilization of meeting space, working to ensure delivery of budgeted revenues. The event team will source, manage and convert all business, including contracting, planning, creating Banquet Event Order in addition to managing group room and function diary inventory.
- Responsible to lead the event sales team to achieve financial goals and guests satisfaction targets.
- Proactively drive sales activities and sales calls to identify new accounts and new markets. Proactively manage accounts, conduct sales calls, and walk in guests’ site inspections.
- Attract and develop relationships with event agencies/ wedding planners for future business.
- Drive competition check activity, track and update the sales and events team on city events and exhibitions.
- Source and drive outside catering revenues.
- Proactively source community and social events in line with revenue generation guidelines.
- Management of associations and business councils to drive event revenues and hotel venues marketing opportunities.
- Attend industry related events and develop business networking.
- Prepare annual C& E revenue plan, budget, forecasts, team goals, month end reports, revenue review reports.
- Make projection in consideration of market situation business trend and economic status.
- Analyze price increases for the year, competition set strategies, market trends.
- Work with marketing on campaigns and collateral for specific seasons and specific events.
- Manage team performance and address performance related gaps.
- To ensure that all group and event enquiries are reviewed and optimized to achieve highest revenue.
- Monitor event team production, track business on the books and adjust event sales team activities to achieve forecasts.
- Ensure the standard template of responses is used and that enquiry handling follows the Group/Event Enquiry handling guidelines. Timeline for response back to client is defined by client expectations, which will vary for each request and must be confirmed with client at time of enquiry.
- Compile Contracts for all Group and Events associated business according to the set guidelines.
- Ensure that a copy of the proposal, contract and signed contract are attached to the Business Block for future reference and it the filing cabinet.
- Contracting guest according to their needs and requirements.
- Following up on payment methods and procedure adequate to each of the accounts and inquiries.
- Issuance of the Banquet Event Order and group resumes in accordance to the guests’ event details and requirements.
- Coordinate with Banquet operational teams on in execution of the details mentioned in the relative BEO.
- Work with culinary team on food offerings and pricing strategy. Develop menu concepts and benchmark food & beverage offerings against the competition.
If you have the competencies required for this role, apply here!