6 days left
- Job Level
Whitbread PLC is the UK's largest Hotel and Restaurant Company operating market-leading businesses in the budget hotels and restaurant sectors. Its brands include Premier Inn and Costa Coffee to name a few.
Whitbread PLC employs over 33,000 people and serves 9 million customers every month in its 1,800 outlets across the UK. We currently have 3 Dubai hotels and 1 new hotel in Abu Dhabi, which will increase in numbers to 2 by early 2013. The Dubai hotels are located at Dubai International Airport, Dubai Investments Park and Dubai Silicon Oasis. The Abu Dhabi hotels are Premier Inn – Abu Dhabi Capital Centre located at ADNEC and we will be shortly be opening Premier Inn - Abu Dhabi International Airport, with further short-term expansion plans for Qatar.
The Operations Manager position is focused on leading the site by creating, developing and manage a competent and motivated team that consistently delivers exceptional experiences for guests, ensuring Company standards are followed, achieving optimum results for all stakeholders, whilst always protecting the reputation of Premier Inn.
Key Accountabilities for the role:
Ensuring the team really understands Premier Inn purpose and promise and ‘why’ it’s important by:
- Using real examples and feedback from guests and your teams’ own experience.
- Continually recognizing positive actions and behaviors that deliver great guest experiences.
- Bringing our purpose and promise to life by personalizing the material and tools available.
- Explaining how being guest obsessed links to their daily activity at work.
- Identifying role models who consistently and intentionally demonstrate the right behaviors.
Looking for opportunities to provide better experiences for guests by:
- Understanding all guest feedback: Trip Advisor, Net Rec (0-6) and invocations and communicating this to deliver great guest experiences.
- Always ensuring brand and operational standards are delivered.
- The skills and confidence to recognize and overcome hassles and complaints.
- Using hassles and complaints as opportunities to help everyone at the site learn and improve.
- Being accountable for removing or overcoming barriers that impact the guest experience.
Continually reviewing and improving your own and your team’s activity, output and behavior by:
- Engaging with guests at every opportunity and demonstrating your passion for our
- Actively using the guest measures/dashboard
- To review the performance of the team and drive actions.
- Sharing best practice with your colleagues in the cluster and looking outside to learn.
Creating Winning Teams
Continually reviewing and coaching your team ensuring you recruit and retain great people by:
- Ensuring that you and your team always recruit the right ‘person’ for the job who demonstrate our values and provide a
- Great onboarding experience for all new hires.
- Providing Brilliant Basics, ongoing training, coaching and development to ensure they achieve their potential and understand
- The progression opportunities and create a robust talent pipeline.
- Having regular coffee chats, reviews and development conversations with your team.
Creating an individual “Premier Inn – A place made by you“ by:
- Communicating your agreed goals and targets and ensuring everyone understands what this means to them.
- Listening every day and giving your team a ‘voice’, sharing information, involving them in decisions, hearing what they say,
- Acting on their feedback and developing a culture of inclusion and continuous improvement.
- Empowering your team to try out their ideas and following up with them.
- Connecting with the team – really knowing them, understanding their strengths and what motivates them.
Being a role model by:
- Recognizing great effort and achievement building a highly skilled and empowered team.
- Explaining ‘why’ rather than just ‘what’, ‘how’ or ‘when’.
- Building trust by being consistent in what you say and do: treating the team fairly and addressing poor performance.
- Actively seeking feedback from the team and acting on it.
Delivering a robust business performance by:
- Knowing your market place and external factors that predict business performance.
- Creating and maintaining networks to ensure insight is timely and relevant.
- Working with your CGM to produce a business plan that delivers growth.
- Using all available data and insight to monitor performance, forecast and develop appropriate action plans.
Motivating and inspiring the team to take ownership for cost efficiencies by:
- Ensuring your team understand their impact on the achievement of profit targets and how to minimize fraud.
- Working with your senior team to review performance against targets and instigate appropriate actions.
- Ensuring your team know how they can affect the P&L in terms of cost savings and profit conversion.
Looking for every opportunity to provide a service that sells for guests by:
- Genuinely caring about your guests and ensuring that the team knows how to deliver added value for the guest.
- Controlling costs ensuring that any savings will not have a negative impact on your guests.
- Creating the environment to enable the team to sell to guests at every opportunity.
Creating an environment where every penny really does count by:
- Explaining the purpose of EPC and how it links to their daily activity at work.
- Ensuring the team understand your profit targets, why these are important and our progress.
- Relentlessly taking action required to prevent, minimize and understand guest complaints.
- Effectively scheduling and monitoring labor to ensure that costs are controlled and guests have a great experience.
- Role modelling every penny counts behavior for the team and recognizing others who deliver.
- Producing action plans and completing projects to drive improved business performance.
Demonstrating your personal commitment to Good Together by:
- Actively leading energy saving initiatives and seeking ways to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Ensuring your team understand how they can reduce their use of resources.
- Sharing your guests and communities concern for the environment, sharing what you are doing to be Good Together
- Communicating our Good Together successes to your team.
- Driving support for Whitbread’s chosen charity by recommending and actively participating in fund raising strategies.
- Working with your CGM and team to combat youth unemployment by investing time in unemployment (WISE).
Safety and Security:
Always keeping our guests and team safe by:
- Ensuring your team is trained, competent and complies with all health & safety, fire and security policies.
- Fully complying with all finance policies and procedures.
- Exercising personal care and responsibility towards yourself and others.
- Providing a safe environment for our teams and our guests – being competent to deal with crisis situations.
- Reporting and recording hazards, accidents or near misses.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge / Skills
- Hotel operations.
- Adhering to brand standards.
- Financial management.
- Commercial understanding.
- Revenue management.
- Health & Safety compliance.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable with change.
- Driven, engaging and motivates others.
- Recruiting and developing others.
- Managing teams.
- Delegating tasks and measuring output.
- Determined to deliver great guest experiences.
- Optimistic /driven in the face of short-term setbacks.
- Problem solving and analytical.
- Judgement and decision making.
- Planning and organization.
- Basic technology skills.
- Sales Techniques and skills
- Reception, housekeeping, F&B and Kitchen.
- Working in a brand environment.
- Delivering results to achieve success.
- Customer driven.
- Delivering guest expectations.
- Being accountable.
- External networking
- Minimum of 5 years in an operational leadership role
- A degree in Business / Hospitality Management (preferable)
- Math’s and English GCSE education or equivalent desirable