Rooms Division Manager
Rooms Division Manager
General Manager or Hotel Manager
Cross Functional Role
Director of Sales & Marketing/ Director of F&B/ Director of Finance
Primary focus will be targeted at organization, quality, and efficiency of all divisions related to Rooms (including Housekeeping, Laundry, Front Office, Concierge, Luggage, Spa/Health Club). The Room Division Manager’s main task is to insure a high quality of service delivered to clients, while focusing primarily on improving GEI and Tripadvisor ratings in line with guest comments and recommendations. The Rooms Division manager will be tasked with exceeding Guest’s expectations at every point of contact (Arrival experience to departure) and providing an efficient and seamless check in and check out process. The Rooms Division manager is fully responsible for the day to day activities of the Housekeeping department, complying with and all focus for this role is on proper Housekeeping all Starwood SOPs and Safety, Security, and Hygiene regulations.
Daily reporting and communication with the Hotel General Manager is required, and will be in charge of providing the daily operation report and night manager’s report, in close coordination all departments.
Train and develop the team to instill a sense of belonging and know how. Coaching, mentoring, and on the job training skills are mandatory.
Fluency in both French and English (Working professional level or bilingual native level)
Follow Up Skills
Sales and Customer Services minded
Enjoy training and Mentoring
- Supervise, train, develop, and recruit associates in any of the departments that are under Rooms supervision.
- Optimize hotel room revenue through Upselling techniques and sale of extra hotel services to all guests
- Work closely with other Divisions such as Revenue and Sales & Marketing to insure the usage of the correct pricing policy and to improve revenue from different market segments
- Participate in annual budget presentations along with other Executive Committee members
- Attend all meetings and trainings as deemed fit, including daily morning meetings, Excom meetings, monthly operational meetings, and any meetings related to Safety and Security
- Insure strong compliance with all processes within Rooms Division as they relate to both the Sheraton Brand and Constellation Hospitality Group.
- Present all daily reporting to the General Manager as it relates to Rooms Division (rooms reconciliation, arrivals and departures list, night report, etc)
- Set an example and insure that grooming standards as defined in Constellation Hospitality Group’s HR Manual are complied with.
- Work with Sales and the General Manager to improve Tripadvisor rating and GEI 9Guest Experience Index) scoring. Reply to all comments posted by guests on Tripadvisor on a daily basis.
- Highlight key VIP arrival’s and their requirements
- Develop strong relations with key repeat and VIP clients
- Coordinate all Group arrivals and departures jointly with Sales and other Operational Divisions.
- Insure that all safety, security, and hygiene standards are applied in all Room related departments in particular housekeeping.
- Full supervision of Housekeeping division, bringing strong recommendations to improving the Guest Experience by improving Housekeeping standards, while making sure that the Housekeeping division is consistent with SOPs. Supervise all Housekeeping associates to make sure that the hotel always maintains an impeccable level of cleanliness.