Director of Finance & Administration
Director of Finance & Administration
Finance & Administration
Direct Reporting Line to MD / Corporate DOF Dotted Line to Hotel General Manager, on site
- Accounting & Finance Information Systems Purchasing Legal Relations, HR / Labor Administration Corporate Governance / Board / GA
Scope and General Purpose of Job:
- To ensure effective implementation of all Accounting & Finance and Information Systems Policies & Procedures.
- To implement an effective and efficient day to day control system, administration, reporting system and transfer of skills in all related areas.
- To interpret financial results and work with respective heads of departments to maximize Operating results, providing them with tools for future planning and control.
Operational & Financial tasks:
- Advise the General Manager and Executive Committee members on economic objectives and / or areas of concern arising from monthly P&L / BS analysis. Chairing with GM monthly P&L review meeting / Liaising with other departments to ensure strong communication and support relations / Review rates, payment terms and payment options are properly applied / Use financial analysis, data trends and market information to anticipate needs, identify operating & financial issues & potential / recommend actions to maximize financial return.
- Advising appropriate manning guide as per business activity trend & forecast / Review and make appropriate business decisions on payroll productivity statistics / Examine and supervise control of the hotel’s payroll procedures / Manage day-to-day finance activities in relation with the operation, plan and assign work, review performances and development goals for team members / Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to improve team member performance and efficiency, recognize good performance / Provide direction to hotel employees on how decision-making impacts financial results / Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with key department heads.
- Ensure General Ledger is fully reconciled, transparent and supported, as per Uniform System of Accounts, Local regulation and Company Financial policies / control balance sheet reconciliations & P&L statements / Review & Control all Revenue, pricing, rebates and allowances / Supervises clerical accounting employees in a full range of functions such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit/Collections, Procurement & Store keeping, Audit & control, Paymaster / Administer all banking procedures and bank accounts / Ensure physical count and reconciliation of Hotel cash flows / Record and control all cash receipts, disbursements and Credit Card transactions / Maximize cash flow performance
- Direct preparation of Annual budget and monthly forecasts and provide analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for department heads./ Produce high quality, accurate, timely and relevant reporting information / Prepare annual P&L, Capex, Cash flow budgets & Forecasts
- Oversee procurement function / Approve all purchase orders as per Company authorizing matrix / Ensure accurate accounting and compliance with completion of Capital Expenditure Approval Forms and Asset Disposal Forms / Ensure monthly reporting of Capital Expenditure within budget and cash flow constraints / Maintain fixed asset register / Analyze ROI for capital projects prior to committing funds and, upon completion, determine if anticipated results were achieved
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures, legal requirements and contractual obligations, provide suggestion on potential improvements / Review, sign and ensure the safety of any leases, contracts, and agreements / Ensure compliance with all local and federal statutory obligations / Administer and take control of Hotel’s insurances / Review and report all Hotel insurance claims / Is responsible for computation & payment of Social contribution and taxes / Ensure best operational practices to reduce possible risks and claims
- Liaise with external auditors, banks and relevant administrative authority / Ensure a successful annual audit and follow-up on previous year audit failure points / Is a key elements to prepare relevant documentation to Board members and assist the General Manager in BOD’s meetings
- Ensure data protection legislation is adhered to, coherent with Hotel Accounting Management System and in general with all other Systems – Maintain & develop systems Interfaces in the property - Keep abreast of technology and products to provide better services for guests, assist employees or improve efficiency & Productivity - Ensure all hotel systems security and integrity.