CoralStrand hotel is looking for Restaurant manager
- Diploma in hotel management
- 3 years work experience as a assistant restaurant manager in the 4-5 star hotels or 2 year experience of a restaurant manager in 4 star hotel
- Island experience is an additional preference (Maldives, Thailand etc)
- Strong leadership, management, communication skills
- Personal grooming
- Focused on guests satisfaction
- Fluent English
- Coordinate the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts .
- Build a disciplined, well harmonizing team, especially in view of:
- Careful introduction of new employees.
- Strict following of the general service requirements and basic service rules and SOPs.
- Strict following of closing and opening check lists (control).
- Strict following of cleaning check lists (control).
- Strict following of the daily target achievements of the staff (control).
- Strict following of shift handover checklists (control & follow up).
- Daily briefings of the shifts (early stage: pre and post briefings)
- Efficient scheduling of all employees.
- Station schedule daily.
- Human and professional development of his subordinates.
- Managing staff and providing them with feedback.
- Respond to customer complaints.
- Ensure that all employees adhere to the company's uniform standards.
- Meet and greet customers and organizing table reservations.
- Advise customers on menu and wine choice.
- Recruit, train and motivate staff.
- Ensures that all guests are greeted and seated by the service staff or by RM.
- That the service staff has permanently a clean appearance (including complete uniform, tag, polished shoes, perfect grooming, decent make up for waitress, dressed hair etc..)
- Trains and supports his employees with the help of the training manager.
- Participates in decoration and preparing the restaurant for promotions and special events.
- Informs the employees continuously on all promotion, specialties and other sales activities.
- Ensures a proper, correct order taking to speed-up service and that guest getting a right order on their dishes.
- Handles all complains generously, efficiently and according to the Coralstrand Company principles.
- Ensures a working discipline and a smooth team work between service and other departments.
- Make sure that all rules and regulations according to Coralstrand guidelines are in use. Set-up is done according to the manual.
- Evaluates the performance of each of his employees at least once a year. The results of these evaluations are then used as a basis for promotions, bonus and other benefits.
- Is fully in charge for the daily and weekly service classes.
- Is aware of the menu, beverage list, and other promotions in order to train his staff on the job and in classes.
- Solves daily operation problems with the daily training on the job
- He concentrates especially for waiter & trainees and work out individual training programs for them.
- Trains his subordinates on the general requirements as per SOPs.
- Trains his subordinates on all check lists.
- Trains his subordinates on the daily briefings.
MATERIAL, INTERNAL ACCOUNTING SYSTEM INVENTORY:
- Make out and sign the daily material orders.
- Ensures a careful handling of all restaurant materials.
- Controls all restaurant material and eliminates chipped, broken or cracked dishes.
- Helps with the end-of-month or end-of-year inventory in his area of responsibility.
- Gives everything within RM capacity to achieve the yearly budgets and goals set by the management.
- For control purposes RM continuously compares budgeted sales figures with actual figures and discusses the results with his assistants and if necessary with the entire team.
- Coordinates group movements, handling of vouchers and proper settlement of checks between cashier front office and restaurant.
- Control and countersign all mistakes occurring within the ordering-system.
FURNITURE, EQUIPMENTS AND MACHINES
- Keeps all restaurants furnishing clean and polished in accordance with the cleaning schedule.
- Controls and reports all defective lighting, fixtures and other electrical matters.
- Is familiarized with all emergency procedures and assure that all of his employees are informed of the pertinent emergency procedures.
Reports directly to the Ass. Food and Beverage Manager in co-operation with the F&B Director.
- Salary + Service charge+ Incentives (% )
- Visa, 2 ways ticket, meal, accommodation next to the hotel provided by the Hotel