DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In the absence of the Executive Chef, make necessary business decisions to ensure efficient running of the division and proper handling of service issues as they arise.
- Coordinate the tasks and operations of the Kitchen and Stewarding Departments.
- Coordinate with the Executive Chef to develop annual budgets and targets for the Hotel.
- Prepare and produce detailed financial reports as required in a timely fashion.
- Use various financial management to analyse performance results to identify profitability shortfalls or opportunities to increase revenues, reduce costs, improve overall profitability and meet budget goals.
- Regularly monitor market performance, penetration, trends, practices and systems in the Hotel industry to help project future supply and demand, and identify business opportunities, promotions and areas where products and services can be improved.
- Develop a knowledge base of existing competitor strategies, and analyse their strengths and weaknesses to successfully direct marketing activities against each.
- Ensure all Kitchen Division departments are managed to control food costs and meet budget goals.
- Provide ongoing communication to all areas under your supervision regarding policies, programmes and procedures.
- Ensure all operating procedures are adhered to for areas under your supervision.
- Review and modify operating manuals for areas under your supervision as required.
- Work with the Executive Chef to create and execute menus, specials, promotions, etc.
- Assist with purchasing, receiving and inventory practices and exercise risk management skills to prevent improper handling, damage, spoilage or theft of inventory items.
- Expedite orders according to established standards and procedures.
- Ensure all dishes are prepared according to established standards and procedures.
- Monitor the preparation of, and inspect, dishes to ensure they are expedited according to established standards and procedures.
- Prepare dishes as required.
- Conduct cooking demonstrations for Kitchen Employees as required.
- Ensure the strictest guidelines for food safety and handling are practiced.
- Coordinate the handling of meeting and banqueting events to ensure all event specifications are properly delegated and arranged.
- Ensure all kitchen facilities are cleaned, sanitised and maintained to hygiene standards maintain licenses and certificates as required of the Food & Beverage outlets.
- Be readily available to handle guest queries and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Monitor guest feedback and make recommendations for improvements or new products or services to meet guest needs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership, coaching and counselling skills.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to organise and lead complex projects.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise tasks consistent with business objectives.
- Can work under pressure
- At least 1year experience as Sous Chef or 4 years experience as Junior Sous Chef in 5*hotel chain
- Handled Banquet and catering operations
- Arabic, European, Asian cuisine experience
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted