Housekeeping Attendant, Housekeeping - Burj Al Arab
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. we value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab is managed by Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding.
Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most Photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel's Rolls-Royce fleet. the hotel's 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting Venues.About the Role
An exciting role has arisen in Housekeeping department at Burj Al Arab for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. The main purpose of this position is to provide a professional and personalized cleaning service to the quest in our suites, ensuring that guest requirements and preferences are met promptly at all times by following the hotel processes and ensure the suites are maintained to the expected standard.
Your Main Duties includes:
- To ensure cleanliness and orderliness is maintained in assigned areas
- To clean assigned suites and bathrooms thoroughly up to the standards, making the necessary arrangements in guest suites and replenish guest supplies and complete paperwork as required.
- To attend to guest request courteously and promptly in the course of the day.
- To check all facilities such as furniture's, fixtures, and report any damages or missing items to the Team Leader and the Coordinator to follow up.
- To ensure assigned floors including the corridors, back of the house areas, stairways and service pantries are kept in a safe place and clean condition at all times.
- To report any malfunction in suites or assigned areas to the Engineering via Housekeeping Coordinator.
- To coordinate with the Guest Service and the Butlers prior to entering the suites.
- To report any unusual incident, complaints, unauthorized persons in suites and any sick or irregular behaviour of guest to the Team Leader and the Coordinator.
- To ensure all lost and found items are handed over to the Housekeeping Coordinators office immediately.
- To ensure proper turn down service is given as per the standard operating procedure.
- To adhere the hotel's policy relating to the fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- To ensure all public areas are kept cleaned to the highest possible standard.
- To check public areas facilities, furniture and fixtures and report any damages or missing items to the Team Leader and Housekeeping Coordinator.
- To ensure all wash rooms in public area kept clean in a hygienic condition.
- To ensure all back of the house areas such as; service pantry's, administration offices, colleagues washrooms and lockers are kept clean in a hygiene condition.
- To ensure safety standards are adhered to in all assigned areas.
- To reports any malfunction in public areas to the Engineering via Housekeeping Coordinator.
- To ensure all lost and found items are handed over to the Housekeeping Coordinator immediately.
In order to be considered for this role you must have at least 1 year experience as Housekeeping Attendant in a 5-star hotel or in a similar environment. You must be at least High School graduate. Be able to communicate effectively in English.