Chef de Cuisine - Dhow & Anchor - Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Full job details
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Chef de Cuisine to join the Dhow & Anchor Kitchen culinary team at Jumeirah Beach Hotel. The purpose of this role is to run a successful restaurant and improving on what we have already achieved. It’s the responsibility of the Chef de Cuisine to ensure that the kitchen is running smoothly, efficiently and cost effectively. The Chef de Cuisine requires good leadership qualities, organizational and has administrative talent which they will be held fully responsible for their outlet operation. To produce food which is of high quality and standard that represents our “Dhow and Anchor Restaurant””.
The main duties will include:
- To ensure that all outlet reports, schedules, standard recipes, menus, food presentation photographs and correspondence are completed in liaison with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chefs in an accurate and punctual manner.
- To develop menus and "specials" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
- To develop menus and set standard recipes (as per SOPs) which allow the restaurants to run at an acceptable food cost, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- Check incoming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- To maximize colleague productivity and morale and consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- To liaise with the Stewarding Manager in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridges
- Another important role for the Chef de Cuisine is to ensure that colleagues follow strict hygiene rules and maintain what we have already achieved with HACCP throughout the resort.
- Responsible for the audit requirements for HACCP and Dubai Municipality as needed.
- Assists in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Interacts with management of other departments within areas of responsibility and develops solid working relationships with them.
- Identifies Market needs and trends in terms of food for both hotel guests and local market, and Monitors and analyses the menus and products of competitive restaurants.
- Plans and implements effective food promotions in co-ordination with the Chefs office.
- To respond to change in the departmental function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel
In order to be considered for this role, you will have an internationally recognised Culinary qualification and you should have a minimum of five years similar experience working in a five star hotel.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
It is also essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and you should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.