Full job details
At InterContinental Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
Under the general
direction of the Chief Concierge will demonstrate the highest standards of
guest care and welcome to achieve the highest possible guest satisfaction. Key
responsibilities: Manning the main door of the hotel, luggage service, message
delivery, newspaper distribution. Providing accurate information concerning
hotel facilities, venues and functions; assisting guests with all enquiries,
both hotel and non-hotel related; well aware of the hotel activities of the day
and key occurrences in the city/location including directions to key points of
interests, restaurants, shopping, cinemas, sporting and recreational
facilities, banks, consulates, transport systems, and special events.
Service with their tasks and duties.
The colleague will
be expected to replace Bellman when required and also cover night shift
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote Inter-hotel
sales, in house facilities and Food & Beverage outlets, and hotel Transport
- To be fully
conversant with the facilities, services and special promotions offered by the
hotel and to pass this information on to the guest to maximize hotel sales.
- To have a full
working knowledge of the IHG Rewards and Ambassador programme and its benefits.
- Recycle wherever
possible and enforce cost saving measures where appropriate.
- Comply with the hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained
in the Employee Handbook.
- Comply with the company grooming standards
- Comply with time and attendance policies.
- Actively participate in training and development programs and
maximize opportunities for self development.
- To carry out on the
job training in conjunction with and under the direction of line Manager.
- Actively develop
positive and effective communication between bell service and all other
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from
different viewpoints, culture and countries.
- Collaborate closely with the bell service, valet parking staff and
ensure the smooth handling of guests’ and patron vehicles.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with
industry expectations and company standards including:
- Being attentive to Guests;
- Accurately and promptly
fulfilling Guests requests;
- Anticipate Guests needs;
- Maintain a high level of
knowledge which affects the Guest experience;
- Demonstrating a ‘service’
- Greets guests at all times in a friendly and helpful
manner and attempts to learn and use guest’s name at every opportunity.
- Maintain a high
level of product and local knowledge.
- Focus on the guest needs and go the extra mile.
Immediately handles all guests’ requests and promptly follows up to ensure
- Be familiar with all “In
the Know” knowledge including directions to key points of interests, restaurants,
theatres, shopping, cinemas, sporting and recreational facilities, etc
- Be familiar with cultural programs and events going on in the city
and its surroundings.
- Ensure a sound knowledge of the local area regarding
history, places of interest and special events. Knowledgeable of where further information can be obtained.
- Perform personal services such as delivering messages
and packages, running errands and replying to guests’ queries and requests.
- Ensure all
measures are taken so as to guarantee that guests depart from the hotel with a
positive impression of hotel services.
- Attend to guest’s
complaints, inquiries and requests, refers problems to Manager if he/she unable
- Take personal interest and
pride to ensure that the Bell Service Area, hotel entrance and storing area are
kept clean and in an orderly state at all times.
- Whenever possible to anticipate guest’s needs, to be
aware of all written and spoken requests, to carry out these requests in a
courteous and helpful manner.
- Ensure all customers receive a fast efficient and
friendly and friendly service following the InterContinental Brand Standard
Guidelines and the Standard of Operations Procedures of Front Office.
- Perform tasks as directed
by the Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Must ensure high
recognition of IHG Rewards and Ambassador Members in order to achieve high
scores in the HeartBeat survey.
- Ensure maximum involvement
in the HeartBeat program in order to obtain higher results.
- Is fully aware of restaurant operating hours and specials
/ Spa facilities and services as well as other recreation options.
- RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures
relating to Health, Hygiene, Security and Fire Life Safety.
- To participate with
the hotel team in the Responsible Business Week Activities.
- Familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always
logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the Line Manager.
- Ensure and maintain
the security of information relating to customer and personnel in the hotel.
- Perform other duties as directed
- Comply with the Company’s Code of Conduct.
with the company values and model desired behaviors.
- Facilitate and assist in tasks
of Bell Service.
Do you have what it
takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?
If so, make it happen
and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of
personal and professional opportunities exist.
candidate must possess previous work experience in a Front Office/Concierge
environment or equivalent. Is a team player and have strong verbal and
communication skills. He/ She must be customer oriented and is flexible to work
in various shifts.