Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
Under the general
direction of the Chief Concierge will demonstrate the highest standards of
guest care and welcome to achieve the highest possible guest satisfaction. Key
responsibilities: luggage service, message delivery, newspaper distribution. Providing
accurate information concerning hotel facilities, venues and functions;
assisting guests with all enquiries, both hotel and non-hotel related; maintain
detailed knowledge of the hotel activities of the day; maintain detailed
knowledge of key occurrences in the city/location including directions to key
points of interests, restaurants, shopping, cinemas, sporting and recreational
facilities, banks, consulates, transport systems, and special events.
Assist and ensure
that 3rd party partners (Limousine & Valet) colleagues are complying
with company policies, standards and procedures.
The colleague will
be expected to replace Doorman when required and also cover night shift
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the expenses of daily
newspaper deliveries to the guest rooms.
- Promote Inter-hotel sales, in house
facilities and Food & Beverage outlets, and hotel Transport options
- To be fully conversant with the
facilities, services and special promotions offered by the hotel and to pass
this information on to the guest to maximize hotel sales.
- To have a full working knowledge of the IHG
Rewards and Ambassador programme and its benefits.
- Recycle where-ever possible and enforce
cost saving measures where appropriate.
- Comply with the hotel rules and regulations
and provisions contained in the Employee Handbook.
- Comply with the company grooming standards
- Comply with time and attendance policies.
- Actively participate in training and
development programs and maximize opportunities for self development.
- To carry out on the job training in conjunction with and under the
direction of line Manager.
- Actively develop positive and effective communication between Bell
service and all other operational Departments.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse
team with colleagues from different viewpoints, culture and countries.
- Collaborate closely with the valet
parking staff and ensure the smooth handling of guests’ and patron vehicles.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with
industry expectations and company standards including:
- Being attentive to Guests;
- Accurately and promptly
fulfilling Guests requests;
- Anticipate Guests needs;
- Maintain a high level of
knowledge which affects the Guest experience;
- Demonstrating a ‘service’
- Greets guests at all times in a friendly and helpful
manner and attempts to learn and use guest’s name at every opportunity.
- Maintain a high
level of product and local knowledge.
- Focus on the guest needs and go the extra mile.
Immediately handles all guests’ requests and promptly follows up to ensure
- Be familiar with all “In the Know” knowledge including directions to
key points of interests, restaurants, theatres, shopping, cinemas, sporting and
recreational facilities, etc
- Be familiar with cultural programs and events going on in the city and
- Ensure a sound knowledge of the local area regarding
history, places of interest and special events. Knowledgeable of where further
information can be obtained.
- Perform personal services such as delivering messages
and packages, running errands and replying to guests’ queries and requests.
- Ensure all
measures are taken so as to guarantee that guests depart from the hotel with a
positive impression of hotel services.
- Attend to guest’s complaints,
inquiries and requests, refers problems to Manager if he/she unable to assist.
- Take personal interest and
pride to ensure that the Bell Service Area, hotel entrance and storing area are
kept clean and in an orderly state at all times.
- Whenever possible to
anticipate guest’s needs, to be aware of all written and spoken requests, to
carry out these requests in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Ensure all customers
receive a fast efficient and friendly and friendly service following the InterContinental
Brand Standard Guidelines and the Standard of Operations Procedures of Front
- Perform tasks as directed
by your manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Must ensure high
recognition of IHG Rewards and Ambassador Members in order to achieve high
scores in the HeartBeat survey.
- Ensure maximum involvement
in the HeartBeat program in order to obtain higher results.
- Is fully aware of restaurant operating hours and specials
/ Spa facilities and services as well as other recreation options.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of
all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene, Security and Fire Life
- To participate with the Hotel team in the
Responsible Business Week Activities.
- Familiar with emergency and evacuation
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents
and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the
attention of the Line Manager.
- Ensure and maintain the security of
information relating to customer and personnel in the hotel.
- Comply with the Company’s Code of Conduct.
with the company values and model desired behaviors.
- Facilitate and assist in
Tasks and Responsibilities of 3rd party partners.
- Ensure Working Material is
in order, in sufficient number and clean at all times
Do you have what it
takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?
If so, make it happen
and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of
personal and professional opportunities exist.
candidate must possess previous work experience in a Front Office/Concierge
environment or equivalent. Is a team player and have strong verbal and
communication skills. He/She must be customer oriented and is flexible to work
in various shifts.