Reservation Executive-Arabic or Russian or German speaker-Maldives Island
Competitive package with hospitality industry benefits
Full job details
To respond to communications from guests, travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations arriving by mail, telephone, telex, OTA, fax, or through a central reservation system. Creates and maintains reservation records.
Responsible to work with trend data to respond to Guest and customer enquiries so as to develop strong relationships and maximise revenue opportunities (Detailed below).
At JA Manafaru, we are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world. We treat our guests and our colleagues with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
- Performs duties in accordance to Standard Operating procedures and Guidelines of JAM.
- Maintains high standards in personal appearance. Is well groomed, hygienically clean and properly attired in uniform to carry out duties at all times.
- Behaves/carries out tasks and responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by telephone, fax, mail and other sources. Identify guest reservation needs and determine appropriate room type. Verify availability of room type and rate.
- Manage telephone, fax and email enquiries in a prompt and professional manner and in accordance with company standards ensuring accuracy and attention to detail at all times
- Understand seasonal and historical trends and work within them to ensure maximum occupancy and average room rates
- Identify new contacts and pass sales leads on to the relevant sales team. , develop sales leads, and respond to sales opportunities in order to maximise revenue
- Produce quotations and written confirmation to all clients
- Monitor guest satisfaction regularly and resolve any outstanding issues to ensure future business
- Maintain a thorough understanding of hotel facilities and processes, and contribute to a culture of high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts.
- Ensure bookings are guaranteed and no show charges/late cancellation charges are applied where appropriate
- Answer all calls with proper resort standards and etiquettes, and all communication should be conducted in the same professional manner.
- Responsible to undertake the duties of the Resort Switchboard.
- Explain guarantee, special rate, and cancellation policies to all guests/partners.
- Accommodate and document special requests.
- To maximize revenue by converting enquiries, recognizing business prospects and opportunities to upsell Rooms and services.
- To liaise with Hotel Partners and Guests whilst building rapport and creating professional relationships.
- To exercise effective listening to capture relevant information and provide a premium experience for the guest
- To assist with Familiarization Trips whenever required.
- To liaise with all departments to ensure the best service is provided to our Resort Guests.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets; protect the privacy and security of guests and co-workers.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support the team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- To undertake general administration duties.
- To observe the Company’s rules and procedures and carry out any reasonable request made by the Manager, Supervisor or a Superior.
- Is always prepared to handle guest requests, complaints, and suggestions and follow through to maximize the service standard.
- Has a thorough and up to date knowledge of the resort’s facilities, products and services on offer, and is able to provide accurate information to guests at all time
- Is detailed and ensures proper handover from incoming and outgoing shifts.
- Takes ownership of guest’s requests and needs and ensures immediate action as appropriate.
- Is well acquainted with all hotel facilities, including the guest room facilities and knows all events in the hotel.
- Keeps himself/herself updated on the arrivals and departure for the day.
- Is able to identify and acknowledge repeat guests and VIP
- Ensures that each guest interaction is a delightful experience for the guests.
- Never says “NO”. Offers alternatives as applicable.
- Always finds a way to exceed guest’s need and expectations.
- Ensures consistent delivery of resort’s service standards.
- Respects the departmental duty roster and reports to work on time.
- Is open and willing to adapt to new procedures for the benefit of guests and colleagues as and when introduces.
- Attends all scheduled training courses organized within the department and by Human Resources as and when asked to.
- Attends daily departmental briefings and communication cascades
- Is a team player and actively participates in all employee activities.
- Presents himself/herself at all times with professional courtesy and etiquette towards both guests and colleagues.
- Maintains a professional demeanour at all times.
- Always projects a positive image of the department and resort on the whole
Experience and Skills
- University Degree or equivalent – preferably in hospitality
- 2+ years of experience in the industry.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Flexibility with working hours
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and guests services is essential.
- The ability to work closely with a team in budgeting, cost controls and monthly reporting is critical.
- Must possess supervisory and management skills to communicate and express ideas and directives clearly to employees.
- Must possess computational ability and computer skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the rooms discipline and hospitality profession, including experiential knowledge for management of people and complex problems.
- Ability to study, analyse and interpret complex activities and/or information in order to improve new practices or develop new approaches.
- Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the resort on a timely basis
- At least 2 years’ experience
- Advance - Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Microsoft, PowerPoint).
- Advance – English communication skills, written and verbal. Additional Languages is plus