Bell Captain - Four Points by Sheraton, Downtown
Full job details
About Marriott International.
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World. ™
About Four Points by Sheraton
Business meets pleasure. With nearly 200 Four Points hotels in more than 30 countries, travelers can find the timeless style and comfort they’re looking for with genuine service and everything that matters most, all around the world. From Santiago to Shanghai and Milan to Milwaukee, Four Points hotels can be found in big urban centers, by the airport, near the beach, and in the suburbs. A recent $1 billion invested in renovations, conversions, and new-build hotels has made the brand stronger than ever. Four Points by Sheraton, like all brands within Starwood’s portfolio, is proud to offer the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®) program, the industry’s richest loyalty program. To learn more, visit www.spg.com. Stay connected to Four Points on facebook.com/four points.
FOUR SQUARE: https://foursquare.com/v/four-points-by-Sheraton/4c162782a1010f4761024f18
Are you an energetic, guest service oriented individual who will be to accommodate the requests and needs of all?
If yes…..read on.
We are looking for an energetic individual who is not afraid of making conversations with our guests. You will use your outgoing, confident personality to build lasting relationships with our regular guests. These guests will come back to the Hotel again and again because they know “you” will be there providing exceptional service.
About the Job:
1. Responsible for supervising and participating in the activities of the Bell Service personnel.
2. Anticipate guest’s needs through observation and offer prompt, efficient service either personally or through effective communication with other associates.
3. Directs and supervises the Bellman and Doorman engaged in duties such as paging, running errands, carrying baggage and rooming of guests; may participate in the activities of his personnel.
4. Ensure bell desk team adheres to The Welcome & Farewell procedures.
5. Observe Valet & Limousine associates performance.
6. Determine work schedules of Bell Service personnel; records attendance and accomplishments of Bell Service personnel and endorses unfinished duties to incoming shift in appropriate logbooks.
7. Inspects Bell Service personnel for grooming and hygiene standards.
8. Maintains and controls the use of Bell Service baggage room, ensures its cleanliness and sees to it that proper procedures followed in receiving, storing and issuing of baggage.
9. Initiates purchase request for supplies needed by the Bell Service, and forwards this to the Guest Service Manager for approval.
10. Places orders of newspapers and other reading materials for guests.
11. Answers telephone calls for Bell Service and attends to guests’ inquiries, requests and complaints.
12. In-charge of required training & development of the team.
13. Coordinates arrangement of transportation for guests during the shift.
14. Maintains and ensures the proper functioning of errand system.
15. Reports to superior concerning the performance of his section; suggests possible ways and means of improving service.
16. Acts as reliever of bellmen in their absence.
17. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
18. Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety and Occupational Health & Safety legislation, and related Four Points by Sheraton and Starwood Policies.
You must be fluent in the English language, both written and verbally.
Previous front office experience of at least 3 years with a minimum of 1 year experience in the position of Bell Captain in the Hospitality Industry preferably in the Middle East or within Starwood properties.
Strong leadership skills and committed to the development of your team.
Positive and outgoing attitude.
You will need to be versatile, flexible and diligent in your approach.