Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
Ensure the Hotel revenues are
adequately audited, recorded and audits are performed accordingly. Report to Director
of Finance on financial related issues faced and ensure policy and procedures
are followed in all revenue streams. Support the teams as necessary not
limiting the section responsible. Play a key role to support business while
assisting the teams. When support is needed support other sections as directed
by your direct reports. Supervise General Cashier and ensure Hotel fund are
counted as per guidelines
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we look for people who are charming,
confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed
Duties & ResponsibilitiesFinancial returns
- Use financial analysis, data trends and
market information to anticipate needs, identify operating/financial issues,
and recommend actions to maximise financial return.
- Perform revenue reconciliations with source
- Ensure Accounting Policies are followed as
per IHG guidelines
- Controls all food and beverage sales by:
- Correct recording of guest checks on a timely basis
- Performs spot checks on outlet checks used
- Having all voided checks, corrections and unsettled checks approved by
the Restaurant Supervisor or Manager
- Monitors the buffet controls, especially over cash settled checks to
prevent reuse ensuring all revenue is recorded
- Ensure banquet controls are being adhered to
- Reconciles total outlet sales to total charges
- Work with Hotel operational teams on
revenue and related tasks to ensure accuracy in reporting.
- Educate, train and motivate finance and
accounting teams to achieve hotel revenue goals. Ensure staff has the
information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job
duties. Provide direction to hotel employees on how decision-making impacts
- Promote teamwork and
quality service through daily communication and coordination with key
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a
friendly manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensure accounting practices,
support the guest experience through payment options (example: credit card
systems, room charges), inventory controls and financial dispute resolution.
- Implement financial control procedures and
systems; maintain records for internal and external `audits; ensure compliance
with government regulations and contractual agreements.
- Participate in various Responsible business
activities organized by the hotel.
Ensure controls are kept in place to
avoid any fraudulent transactions
Do you have what it takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?If so, make it happen and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of personal and professional opportunities exist.
Bachelor’s degree equivalent in
Accounting, Finance and Minimum 2 years in hotel accounting or audit with at
least Two year an equivalent combination of education and work-related
experience. Knowledge of accounting management duties such as negotiating hotel
space and tenant leases; processing payroll; performing asset management
duties; providing business projections, displacement analysis, preparing
government reports, filing tax returns, etc. as needed or requested.
Professional accounting or finance designation or certification preferred. Must
speak local language(s). Other languages preferred.