Instant Service Centre Supervisor
Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
Under the general
direction of the Director of Guest Services/Asst Dir of Guest Services and
within the limits of established by InterContinental Hotels Group and local
policies and procedures; oversees and directs all aspects of Telecommunication
services to achieve the highest possible guest satisfaction.
To act as the central
communication point of contact at the hotel by providing and co-ordinating
rapid responses to all guest requests, inquiries and needs; as well as
assigning work orders to appropriate personnel. To identify and anticipate
guest needs; ensure complete guest satisfaction.
Ensure efficient running of Instant Service Centre operations and that the highest
standards of hospitality are demonstrated on every occasion. Supervise Instant
Service Centre agents, and all relevant procedures while on duty.
Colleagues will be expected to cover night shift
Duties & Responsibilities
- To be fully conversant with the facilities,
services and special promotions offered by the hotel and to pass this
information on to the guest to maximize hotel sales.
- To have a full working knowledge of the IHG
Rewards and Ambassador programs and its benefits taking every opportunity to
enrol new members.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of standard
- To be fully involved in IHG Rewards and ICA
- Gain understanding of the departmental goals
and financial targets and support management team to achieve these targets.
- Monitor the performance of
PABX/Voice Mail/Call Accounting software and maintain logbook of equipment
- Recycle whenever and wherever possible and
enforce cost saving measures where appropriate specifically on stationary and
hotel collateral material.
- Comply with the hotel rules and regulations
and provisions explained within the Employee Handbook.
- Comply with the company grooming
- Comply with time and attendance policies.
- Actively participate in training
and development programs and maximize opportunities for self development.
- To carry out on
the job training in conjunction with and under the direction of line Manager.
- Actively develop positive
and effective communication between Instant Service Centre team and all other
- Ability to work as part of
a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, culture and countries.
- To assist the Manager in the development of the
Guest Service Centre team and actively coach on hospitality skills, department
- Assist Manager in preparing
efficient rosters for function
- Attend and actively
participate in Team Briefings and departmental meetings
- Ensure that the handover procedures are followed in
the transferring of all relevant information on a daily basis.
- Directs, supervises and coordinates the activities
in Guest Service Centre department.
- Develops and implement
procedures for proper handling of in and out going telephone calls and
Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations
and company standards including:
- Being attentive to guests.
- Accurately and promptly fulfill guest’s requests.
- Anticipate guest’s needs.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge, which affects guest experience.
- Demonstrating a ‘service’ attitude.
- Taking appropriate action to resolve guest
- Answers all calls within 3 rings, using the guest surname at least three
times throughout conversation.
- Investigate complaints
regarding telecommunication services, hotel operations; takes appropriate
- Perform tasks as directed by
your manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Must ensure high
recognition of IHG Reports and Ambassador Members in order to achieve high
scores in the HeartBeat survey.
- Inputs all requests (guest,
Engineering, Housekeeping, etc.) promptly and accurately into the system, co-ordinates
and assigns work orders to the appropriate department and staff. Follows ups,
and ensures the assigned work orders are completed in accepted standard time
and by priority, ensuring guest satisfaction
- Monitors all calls that are
in queue and answers appropriately.
- Notify guests or internal
staff of any delays in performing work orders and call back guests to ensure
guest satisfaction within accepted time frame.
- Continually check on the
pending work orders that have not been completed.
- Handle all guest wake-up
- Handle guest messages -
written and or voice mail and send faxes out regarding guest inquiries and
- Logs all guest complaints
and guest history logs into systems for future reference, track trends in service
deficiencies and report them to management.
- Familiar with the basics
about what guests might request regarding Engineering/Housekeeping
- Handle guest calls for the
pick-up and delivery of laundry, pressing, mending and dry-cleaning.
- Know current information
about the hotel and its activities and has complete knowledge of all in-house
groups and banquet events.
- Well aware of the
restaurants operating hours and specials/promotions within the operation as
well as catering space requirements and locations.
- Complete the beginning and
ending shift duties that include turnover shift report, outstanding jobs not
completed in order system and any other daily, weekly and monthly reports
required by senior management.
- Perform PABX data-base
programming and regular service change to control class of service on all
telephone sets in the hotel.
- Ensure maximum involvement
in the HeartBeat program in order to obtain higher results.
- Is knowledgeable about the different
software programs utilized in the Guest Services Department
- including but not limited to Property
Management System, Work Order and Glitch report system and electronic devices
(paging system), etc
understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health,
Hygiene, Security and Fire Life Safety.
- Familiar with
emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all
security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely
manner and brought to the attention of the Line Manager.
- Ensure all
telecommunication equipment’s are covered by the correct maintenance contract
and the preventive maintenance is performed.
- Investigate and report
software problem to IT, coordinate interface problem solving with the hotel
- Comply with the company’s code of conduct.
with the company values and model desired behaviors.
- Supervise daily tasks and responsibilities
of the Instant Service Centre Agents.
- Ensure colleague training
is done on appropriate material and in due time
- Ensure sufficient working
material available for team to handle task and that IT material is in order
Do you have what it takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?If so, make it happen and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of personal and professional opportunities exist.
Ideally, the candidate must be a team
player and has good communication skills. He/She must be customer oriented and
is flexible to work in various shifts.