Front Desk Supervisor
Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
direction of the Director of Guest Services or his/her delegate, and within the
limits of established InterContinental Hotels Group brand and local policies
and procedures, responsible for all activities relevant to the Front Desk.
Tasks include check in/out, rooming of all hotel guests, Room allocation and
inventory balancing, foreign exchange, cashiering, Credit Follow up.
running of Front Desk operations and that the highest standards of hospitality
and welcome are demonstrated on every occasion. Supervise Front Desk agents,
and all relevant procedures while on duty.
Colleague will be
expected to cover night shift regularly.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote inter-hotel sales, in house facilities and Food &
- To be fully conversant with the facilities, services and special
promotions offered by the hotel and to pass this information on to the guest to
maximize hotel sales.
- To have a full working
knowledge of the IHG Rewards and Ambassador programs and its benefits taking
every opportunity to enrol new members.
- Maintain comprehensive
knowledge of standard reservation procedures.
- Ensure that all charges
are correctly posted to the guests bills following the standard procedures.
- Deal with cash, check and
credit transactions in accordance with the hotel and company policy, and ensure
that any discrepancies are reported immediately.
- Maintain cashier float and
ensure accurate daily report of all money received.
- Be aware of the hotel
availability and of every opportunity to maximize room revenue.
- Adhere to company credit
policies to ensure that all revenue expected is received.
- Ensure that all credit
limits are adhered to and to advise the Front Office Manager when limits have
- To be fully involved in IHG Rewards and ICA enrolments and achieving
targeted Up-Selling Revenue.
- Gain understanding of the departmental goals and financial targets
and support Management team to achieve these targets.
- Recycle whenever and wherever possible and enforce cost saving measures
where appropriate specifically on stationary and hotel collateral material.
with the hotel rules and regulations and provisions as mentioned in the
with the company grooming standards.
with the time and attendance policy.
- Actively participate in training and development programs for self
- To carry out on the job training for new comers under the direction
of line manager.
- Actively develop positive and effective communication between Front
Desk team and all other operational departments.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from
different viewpoints, culture and countries.
- To assist the Manager in the development of the reception team and
actively coach on hospitality skills, department procedures etc.
- Replace colleagues at Guest Relations or Club lounge when necessary
- Assist Manager in preparing efficient rosters for function
- Supervise Front Desk agents and CID agents
- Attend and actively participate in team briefings and departmental
- Ensure that the handover procedures are followed in the transferring
of all relevant information on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate service
attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards
- Being attentive to guests,
- Accurately and promptly
fulfilling guests requests,
- Anticipate guests needs,
- Maintain a high level of
knowledge which affects the guest experience,
- Demonstrating a ‘service’
- Greet guests at all times in a friendly and helpful
manner and attempt to learn and use guest’s name at every opportunity.
- Ensure all measures are taken so as to guarantee that guests depart from the
hotel with a positive impression of hotel services.
- Attend to guest’s
complaints, inquiries and requests, refers problems to Assistant Manager if
he/she unable to assist.
- Take personal interest and
pride to ensure that the front office and desk area is kept clean and in an
orderly state at all times.
- Handle Group Check In when
- Must ensure high
recognition of IHG Rewards Club and Ambassador Members in order to achieve
optimal scores in HeartBeat survey and other Guest Satisfaction surveys.
- Responsible and attends to
guest’s request of using the service of safety box at all times.
- Is fully aware
of restaurant operating hours and specials / Spa facilities and services as
well as other recreation options.
- Registers and
rooms all arrivals according to established procedures.
- Anticipate guest’s needs,
to be aware of all written and spoken requests, to carry out these requests in
a courteous and helpful manner.
- Ensure all messages
received for guests are passed on accurately and as quickly as possible.
- Ensure a sound knowledge of
the local area regarding history, places of interest and special events.
Knowledgeable on where further information can be obtained.
- Ensure all customers
receive a fast, efficient and friendly service following the InterContinental
Brand Standard Guidelines and the Standard of Operations Procedures of the
- Perform tasks as directed
by the Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Ensure maximum involvement
in the HeartBeat program in order to obtain higher results.
- Is knowledgeable about the different
software programs utilized in the Guest Services Department including but not limited to Property
Management System, Work Order and Glitch report system and electronic devices
(paging system), etc
- Comply with the Company’s Code of Conduct.
in maintaining security of information relating to customers and colleagues in
with the discretionary information keeping
- Align self with the company values, mission and desired behaviors.
- Monitor the enrolment and correct handling and
updating of IHG Rewards Club Membership in Loyalty Connect and Opera.
- Ensure that the handover
procedures are followed in the transferring of all relevant information on a
- Demonstrate understanding
and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene, Security
and Fire Life Safety as well as emergency and evacuation procedures
- Ensure all security
incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and
brought to the attention of the Line Manager.
- Must follow CID rules and
to cover CID role as directed by the Manager.
- Comply with the Company’s Code of Conduct.
with the company values and model desired behaviors.
- Supervise daily tasks and responsibilities
of the Front Desk Agents.
- Ensure Training is done on
appropriate material and in due time
- Cash float and any money
related transaction accuracy.
- Ensure sufficient working
material available for team to handle task and that IT material is in order
Do you have what it takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?If so, make it happen and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of personal and professional opportunities exist.
Ideally, the candidate must possess previous
work experience in a Front Office environment or equivalent. Is a team player
and have strong verbal and communication skills. He/She must be customer
oriented and is flexible to work in various shifts.