Telephone/ PBX Operator - Arabic Speaker
Under the general guidance of the Front Office Director / Assistant Front Manager, and within the limits of MHG Policies and Procedures, to provide an efficient and courteous telecommunications service at all times in all aspects of the department. To ensure all calls are answered within three rings, promptly and politely with a professional attitude whilst recognizing that customer satisfaction is of paramount importance.
Duties & Functions:
- Place outside calls and answer the switchboard in accordance with agreed departmental standards.
- Telephone guests in accordance with their wake-up call requests in line with prescribed standards, and to inform Security if the guest does not answer the call.
- Provide inland and international calls for guests as required, and to administer and charge these as per procedure.
- Fully conversant with all aspects of the bleep procedures (including emergency testing).
- Activate internal and outside pagers according to procedure.
- Input and keep updated guest messages within TMS.
- Ensure that guest names are used wherever possible.
- Ensure use of your own name wherever possible.
- Correctly take and place room service orders, ensuring that the order is repeated back to the guest as per the procedure.
- Familiarize yourself with the guests needs and requirements in order to ensure an efficient and friendly service.
- Create and maintain a personal and respectful rapport with regular guests.
- Carry out telephone cleaning duties as required.
- Ensure all equipment, especially telephones, mobile phones, bleeps, etc are maintained and kept in good repair.
- Assist with the reporting of all house phones, BT phones, fire, emergency and lift phones when out of order.
- Contact your supervisor when specific difficulties arise.
- Read the daily instructions board every morning/afternoon/evening, and to observe changes re: bleeps, staff, guests, etc., and to enter the names of key personnel for reference purposes.
- Undertake and complete any special projects, tasks or other reasonable request by your department head and/or Hotel Management.
- Continuously endeavour to improve the knowledge of the job.
- Ensure guest satisfaction by performing such duties as attending to guest requests and enquiries courteously and efficiently, and accepting changes or additions in work hours which are necessary for the maintenance of uninterrupted service to hotel guests and visitors
- Be aware of short and long-term marketing promotions.
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork